Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Not Be Released in February 23, New Release Date Specs Surface
By Precious Silva | February 1, 2014 2:42 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 has been making headlines especially with the Mobile World Congress 2014 coming. Previously it was reported that Samsung will be introducing the new flagship phone during the MWC. Then it was reported that the Korean tech giant will hold a separate event and announce the device on the 23rd of February. Recent information says that the February 23 may be cancelled. Samsung may be bringing the announcement back during the MWC.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
New reports negate previous details that Samsung will introduce the Samsung Galaxy S5 on February 23. There are also additional reports saying that Samsung will not be releasing the device not until mid March. If this will happen then people should wait for a couple more weeks before they can see the device.
If the announcement will be during mid-March it can take another few weeks before the device hit stores actually. The Korean arm of ZDNet reported that Samsung has begun giving out invites for its February 23 event. However, instead of the being the Samsung Galaxy S5 as the focus of the event, the invite mainly divulged information on Samsung's first Tizen OS powered. The Samsung Galaxy S5 could come as a surprise announcement but there are no further details to go with this.
"Please join the Tizen Association Board on Sunday, 23 February 2014 for a welcome reception and kick-off to MWC 2014," the reported quoted Samsung's invite.
"During this invite only event, you will get an exclusive sneak preview of the newest Tizen devices as well as an opportunity to learn about the major milestones that the Tizen project has hit since last year's event."
Although the Samsung Galaxy S5 is not expected for another couple of weeks, rumors about the device has not ceased. Some of the reported specs include a 2K resolution, 5.2-inch display and Android 4.4 KitKat. The device will have two variants: one metal and one plastic. The device will also run with two processors: one Exynos chipset and one Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor. It is not clear yet whether Samsung will stick to a 32-bit or have a 64-bit in the wings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes