Android 4.3 Rolling out to Australia, Tesltra Starts with Galaxy Note II
By Precious Silva | February 1, 2014 2:40 PM EST
It has always been a point of concern among Android users when they will receive official updates of new operating system variants. Even with the release of the Android 4.4 KitKat, Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 KitKat update series, there are still devices still waiting to receive the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. For a number of Australian Galaxy Note II users, they can now update their devices to Android 4.3. Tesltra has started rolling out the upgrade.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
The official roll out of updates among devices usually depends on the manufacturer of the devices and the carrier. Because of the process of testing and certification, regions vary with official releases. In Australia, carriers like Telstra have to follow certain procedures and approval before they can provide updates to their subscribers.
It appears Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users can now update to Android 4.3. The carrier has started rolling out the OS to its users. Other carriers have promised to carry out the update soon. However, there are no further details when carriers plan to complete the roll out. According to previous reports, Samsung has promised to complete the distribution and approval of updates for its devices until March 2014. The company will want to complete the Android 4.4. KitKat update for the first quarter. This should be good news even for those waiting for those waiting for the Android 4.3. The company has been working on making sure Android updates reach users as soon as possible.
As for Galaxy Note II users planning to switch to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, they should free up some space on their device. The update is not small. It will take up around 946.94MB on the device's memory. People should connect their units to the WiFi to begin installation. There are no details whether the usage will be counted against the data plan of the user.
The Android 4.3 update for Galaxy Note II offers features like Galaxy Gear compatibility, Knox update for consumers and better UI. For users of other carriers, it is best to wait for official announcements on the matter. Samsung may also provide updates from time to time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects