Android 4.3 Rolling out to Australia, Tesltra Starts with Galaxy Note II
By Precious Silva | February 1, 2014 2:40 PM EST
It has always been a point of concern among Android users when they will receive official updates of new operating system variants. Even with the release of the Android 4.4 KitKat, Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 KitKat update series, there are still devices still waiting to receive the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. For a number of Australian Galaxy Note II users, they can now update their devices to Android 4.3. Tesltra has started rolling out the upgrade.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
The official roll out of updates among devices usually depends on the manufacturer of the devices and the carrier. Because of the process of testing and certification, regions vary with official releases. In Australia, carriers like Telstra have to follow certain procedures and approval before they can provide updates to their subscribers.
It appears Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users can now update to Android 4.3. The carrier has started rolling out the OS to its users. Other carriers have promised to carry out the update soon. However, there are no further details when carriers plan to complete the roll out. According to previous reports, Samsung has promised to complete the distribution and approval of updates for its devices until March 2014. The company will want to complete the Android 4.4. KitKat update for the first quarter. This should be good news even for those waiting for those waiting for the Android 4.3. The company has been working on making sure Android updates reach users as soon as possible.
As for Galaxy Note II users planning to switch to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, they should free up some space on their device. The update is not small. It will take up around 946.94MB on the device's memory. People should connect their units to the WiFi to begin installation. There are no details whether the usage will be counted against the data plan of the user.
The Android 4.3 update for Galaxy Note II offers features like Galaxy Gear compatibility, Knox update for consumers and better UI. For users of other carriers, it is best to wait for official announcements on the matter. Samsung may also provide updates from time to time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More