Dark Souls 2 New Gameplay Video Shows Difficulty in Killing Creatures [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 1, 2014 2:28 AM EST
Developer From Software has released a new gameplay video of their upcoming open-world video game Dark Souls 2. The clip, which runs close to nine minutes, shows the level of difficulty involved when the various beasts attack the player.
The game is a sequel to Dark Souls and was announced in 2012 at the Spike Video Game Awards. The game is being directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, with supervision from Hidetaka Miyazaki.
The gameplay video shows two different events at two different locations, where the player fights with the supernatural creatures. It is not an easy fight against the various monsters and, in one of the places the player repeatedly dies in the battle. Players have to use different powers and also have to choose the right weapon, in order to subjugate the demons.
The game will have changes in its combat with the introduction of new enemies and new weapons. Apart from this, players will also get to hear more of actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz's voice, who has been part of comedies like "Shaun of the Dead." He also revealed that he was a hardcore gamer and has labelled Dark Souls 2, the "the best game of all time."
Serafinowicz will be the voice behind a new character called Pate, who will teach the player some tricks to survive the horrors of the journey.
Dark Souls 2 will release on 11 March for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is also expected to release for PC but the exact date is not known as of now.
(YouTube Courtesy: GamesHQMedia)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate