Dark Souls 2 New Gameplay Video Shows Difficulty in Killing Creatures [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 1, 2014 2:28 AM EST
Developer From Software has released a new gameplay video of their upcoming open-world video game Dark Souls 2. The clip, which runs close to nine minutes, shows the level of difficulty involved when the various beasts attack the player.
The game is a sequel to Dark Souls and was announced in 2012 at the Spike Video Game Awards. The game is being directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, with supervision from Hidetaka Miyazaki.
The gameplay video shows two different events at two different locations, where the player fights with the supernatural creatures. It is not an easy fight against the various monsters and, in one of the places the player repeatedly dies in the battle. Players have to use different powers and also have to choose the right weapon, in order to subjugate the demons.
The game will have changes in its combat with the introduction of new enemies and new weapons. Apart from this, players will also get to hear more of actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz's voice, who has been part of comedies like "Shaun of the Dead." He also revealed that he was a hardcore gamer and has labelled Dark Souls 2, the "the best game of all time."
Serafinowicz will be the voice behind a new character called Pate, who will teach the player some tricks to survive the horrors of the journey.
Dark Souls 2 will release on 11 March for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is also expected to release for PC but the exact date is not known as of now.
(YouTube Courtesy: GamesHQMedia)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop