Dark Souls 2 New Gameplay Video Shows Difficulty in Killing Creatures [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 1, 2014 2:28 AM EST
Developer From Software has released a new gameplay video of their upcoming open-world video game Dark Souls 2. The clip, which runs close to nine minutes, shows the level of difficulty involved when the various beasts attack the player.
The game is a sequel to Dark Souls and was announced in 2012 at the Spike Video Game Awards. The game is being directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, with supervision from Hidetaka Miyazaki.
The gameplay video shows two different events at two different locations, where the player fights with the supernatural creatures. It is not an easy fight against the various monsters and, in one of the places the player repeatedly dies in the battle. Players have to use different powers and also have to choose the right weapon, in order to subjugate the demons.
The game will have changes in its combat with the introduction of new enemies and new weapons. Apart from this, players will also get to hear more of actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz's voice, who has been part of comedies like "Shaun of the Dead." He also revealed that he was a hardcore gamer and has labelled Dark Souls 2, the "the best game of all time."
Serafinowicz will be the voice behind a new character called Pate, who will teach the player some tricks to survive the horrors of the journey.
Dark Souls 2 will release on 11 March for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is also expected to release for PC but the exact date is not known as of now.
(YouTube Courtesy: GamesHQMedia)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air