Dark Souls 2 New Gameplay Video Shows Difficulty in Killing Creatures [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 1, 2014 2:28 AM EST
Developer From Software has released a new gameplay video of their upcoming open-world video game Dark Souls 2. The clip, which runs close to nine minutes, shows the level of difficulty involved when the various beasts attack the player.
The game is a sequel to Dark Souls and was announced in 2012 at the Spike Video Game Awards. The game is being directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, with supervision from Hidetaka Miyazaki.
The gameplay video shows two different events at two different locations, where the player fights with the supernatural creatures. It is not an easy fight against the various monsters and, in one of the places the player repeatedly dies in the battle. Players have to use different powers and also have to choose the right weapon, in order to subjugate the demons.
The game will have changes in its combat with the introduction of new enemies and new weapons. Apart from this, players will also get to hear more of actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz's voice, who has been part of comedies like "Shaun of the Dead." He also revealed that he was a hardcore gamer and has labelled Dark Souls 2, the "the best game of all time."
Serafinowicz will be the voice behind a new character called Pate, who will teach the player some tricks to survive the horrors of the journey.
Dark Souls 2 will release on 11 March for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is also expected to release for PC but the exact date is not known as of now.
(YouTube Courtesy: GamesHQMedia)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine