Christie Brinkley Reveals Secret to Staying Young and In Shape at the Age of 60
By jaskiran kaur | January 31, 2014 9:13 PM EST
The popular 70s model Christie Brinkley still looks young as ever, even at the age of 60. The American model known for being the face of CoverGirl cosmetics brand for as long as 25 years, recently adorned the cover page of People magazine. The model, who will turn 60 on Feb. 2, still looks youthful and in shape.
Christie Brinkley holds the record of being the only model who gained the longest running contract with a cosmetics brand. She also covered Sports Illustrated for issues through three consecutive years, from 1979 to 1981.
While posing for the cover page of People magazine, she looks stunning in a turquoise swim suit that shows off her curves and well toned body that fits into a size 27 of jeans.
While posing in a swimsuit for the magazine at the age close to sixty, she told the magazine that her "kids would be so embarrassed," as quoted by HollywoodLife.com.
She revealed that in private she may adorn a bikini, but she prefers a bathing suit when visiting a public beach accompanied by her children. She has three kids- Alexa Ray Joel, 28, Jack Brinkley-Cook, 18, and Sailor Brinkley-Cook, 15-- and has been married four times.
In her latest appearance on the cover page of the People magazine, model Christie Brinkley also revealed her secrets to remain young and in shape, reported HollywoodLife.com.
One of her secrets to stay looking young is to workout daily and making it a fun practice. She revealed that one must have fun while working out. She has been experimenting with various workout techniques. She exercised through SoulCycle in the summers and practiced yoga during Christmas vacation. She also dished out that she does leg lifts while brushing her teeth in mornings.
The Web site reports, that she believes in three meals a day regimen. She starts her mornings with coffee and coconut milk hazelnut creamer and then she takes sheep's milk yogurt with fruit, wheat germ and Anutra. And her lunch consists of leftovers from dinner including veggies like beans. Her healthy snacking habits include intake of melon and walnuts and substituting her urge for sweet food with cold coconut water.
The secret of her glowing skin is exfoliating every day. Lastly, she believes in accepting the inevitable process of ageing. She says that at this age she does whatever she feels like and she is "excited about turning 60," quoted Daily Mail.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Maria Menounos Lost 40 Pounds; She Follows a Low Carb Vegetarian Diet, Her Weight Loss and Fitness Secrets Revealed
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Danielle Watts Mistaken As Prostitute And Arrested; Accused Police of Racism
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- A Wife's Happiness is More Crucial Than Her Husband's For a Long Lasting, Happy Marriage, Finds Study
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date