2014 Australian Academy Awards [AACTA Winners List]: ‘Great Gatsby’ Wins Almost All Awards in Film Category
By Anshu Shrivastava | January 31, 2014 9:10 PM EST
On Thursday night, Sydney hosted the third edition of Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) awards. "Great Gatsby" was expected to win big in the film category and it did not disappoint. In addition to winning the AACTA Award for Best Film, "Great Gatsby" also bagged the direction [Baz Luhrmann], best adapted screenplay, best cinematography, best editing, best sound, best original music score, best production design, and the best costume design trophies.
"Great Gatsby" also scored big in the film acting category. Leonardo DiCaprio won the best lead actor award for the film. His co-actress Carey Mulligan, however, lost to Rose Byrne. Byrne won the best lead actress trophy for "The Turning."
Joel Edgerton won the best supporting actor award for "Great Gatsby," while his co-star, Elizabeth Debicki bagged the best supporting actress award. "Great Gatsby" also won the award for outstanding achievement in visual effects. Kim Mordaunt won the award for the best original screenplay for "The Rocket."
In the television category, ABC's "Redfern Now" won the best television drama series award. Lachy Hulme bagged the best lead actor in a television drama award for Nine Network's "Power Games: The Packer-Murdoch Story." Claudia Karvan won the best lead actress in a television drama trophy for ABC's "The Time of Our Lives."
AACTA Award for Best Children's Television Series: "Nowhere Boys" (ABC3)
AACTA Award for Best Television Comedy or Light Entertainment Series: "Please Like Me" (ABC2)
AACTA Award for Best Performance in a Television Comedy: Shaun Micallef for Shaun Micallef's "MAD AS HELL "- Series 2 (ABC1)
AACTA Award for Best Telefeature or Mini Series: "Top of the Lake" (FOXTEL - UKTV)
AACTA Award for Best Feature Length Documentary: "Red Obsession"
AACTA Award for Best Documentary Television Program Presented by FOXTEL: "Redesign my Brain" (ABC1)
AACTA Award for Best Direction in a Documentary: Warwick Ross and David Roach for "Red Obsession."
AACTA Award for Best Short Animation: "A Cautionary Tail"
AACTA Award for Best Short Fiction Film: "The Last Time I Saw Richard"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report