After Grammy’s Win, ‘Royals’ Singer Lorde Steps Out with Boyfriend James Lowe in New Zealand
By charmaine corne clutton | January 31, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Lorde is seen with boyfriend James Lowe in Auckland, New Zealand. The two were spotted holding hands and happily strolling with each other. The seventeen-year-old singer was dressed casually, sporting a black ensemble with black chunky shoes. Her twenty-four-year-old boyfriend, James Lowe, who is also a photographer, was seen wearing a pair of jeans, a black shirt inside of a printed button down shirt.
Lorde and James were first media popular after Lorde posted a few photos of her and James while at the beach. Twitter users slammed Lorde and her boyfriend with pretty nasty comments of which were racial slurs which Lorde had talked about in an interview with "The Rolling Stone" magazine.
Lorde had said in her interview with "The Rolling Stone" magazine, saying:
"You almost wonder about humans," as the "Royals" singer was fairly disturbed by the racial slurs that were tweeted her way after the photo was posted. She had also mentioned that interracial relationships didn't come as a surprise to her and she wondered why people were so surprised that she was in an interracial relationship.
"That's why the reaction came as such a surprise to me. No one I know would even think this was a big deal."
Other fans were oblivious to the fact that the singer was dating someone who was seven years older than her. Lorde's parents were asked regarding what they feel about their daughter dating someone older than her.
They seem to be fine with it as they have met James and find him to be a nice person.
Lorde has also talked about her career and in the same interview with "The Rolling Stone" magazine had said:
"I think my whole career can be boiled down to the one word I always say in meetings: strength."
The top-charting artist seems to do what she feels is right and at such a young age has been able to deal with things most artists couldn't handle even after being in the musical scene for years.
Lorde won a Grammy award for her single, "Royals".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine