Box Office Collection: ‘Jai Ho’ Average Week 1; ‘One By Two’ Opens on Dull Note
By Ankita Mehta | January 31, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Salman starrer "Jai Ho" has finished its seven-day theatrical run with above average collections at the box office. The film, which was expected to set a record at the box office, has finished its first week run with approximately ₹87.75 crore earnings.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
As per early estimates, the film has managed to fetch ₹4.5 crore on Thursday.
"#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr, Wed 5.80 cr. Total: ₹ 83.28 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The Sohail Khan directorial would cross the ₹100 crore mark only after second weekend.
The film is doing well in International markets as well, where it managed to rake in ₹28.20 crore ($ 4.5 million) till Wednesday.
The worldwide accumulation of the film now stands at ₹115.95 crore.
This week's release, "One By Two", opened with mixed reviews but is likely to give competition to Salman's "Jai Ho" at the domestic box office.
"One By Two", starring Abhay Deol and Preeti Desai, had a solo release but didn't open to a good response.
"ONE BY TWO, a solo release, did not set the cash registers jingling as the morning and noon shows witnessed meagre footfalls. The turnout was very low and the film will need a miraculous jump in business to put up decent numbers over the weekend," Taran Adarsh said.
The poor business of the Abhay Deol starrer would give a boost to the collections of "Jai Ho" at the box office. However, the second week is crucial for "Jai Ho" as its business was constantly on the lower side.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness