Is Justin Bieber The Reason Why Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone Are Not Dating?
By Sonalee singh | January 31, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Rumor mill is working overtime to churn out stories regarding Selena's Gomez's growing closeness with "What About Love" singer Austin Mahone. The buzz is that amidst Justin Bieber and Chantel Jefferies romance rumors, Selena Gomez is leaning on to Mahone for support and this has sparked romance between the two. However, if the sources are to be believed, the couple is not dating, as Selena is not in a right frame of mind to have an exclusive relationship.
A source told Hollywoodlife.com, "You can't force something that will not work. They are both attractive and young and Taylor tried to make things happen but they are ultimately just friends," adding, "Selena isn't in the frame of mind to handle a relationship right now - she is still wrapped around her love for Justin and that is really throwing her emotions all over the place.
Does that mean Selena Gomez still have feelings for Justin Bieber?
Selena and Justin broke-up last year following Justin's alleged affair with a Victoria Secret model. However, the couple did try to work things out by taking a short vacation together at the onset of 2014. Jelena fans were delighted to see the reunion and it was speculated the relationship was for keeps.
But as fate would have it, Selena and Justin ended up detesting each other and allegedly sent each other unceremonious messages. The rumor has it that was Justin's growing fondness for Miami model Chantel Jefferies that scarred so-called Jelena reunion.
The source has further told the Web site, "She can't really focus on a relationship with anyone else when her relationship with Justin, the one she wants, is so damaged."
Apparently, Justin is ignoring Selena Gomez because of Chantel and the latter is making all the efforts to show the world that she is fine and is not affected by the "Believe" singer's new fling.
"She's making a huge effort to get out and show Justin and the world that she's fine," another source told HollywoodLife.com, adding "That's why she's going out so much, it's all to send a message to Justin. And that's why she's been flirting with Austin. Taylor has been pushing her to go for Austin, but Selena is not in a place to date right now but that doesn't mean Justin needs to know that."
Let us know what do you think about Selena and Austin. Should they or shouldn't they date?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza