Is Justin Bieber The Reason Why Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone Are Not Dating?
By Sonalee singh | January 31, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Rumor mill is working overtime to churn out stories regarding Selena's Gomez's growing closeness with "What About Love" singer Austin Mahone. The buzz is that amidst Justin Bieber and Chantel Jefferies romance rumors, Selena Gomez is leaning on to Mahone for support and this has sparked romance between the two. However, if the sources are to be believed, the couple is not dating, as Selena is not in a right frame of mind to have an exclusive relationship.
A source told Hollywoodlife.com, "You can't force something that will not work. They are both attractive and young and Taylor tried to make things happen but they are ultimately just friends," adding, "Selena isn't in the frame of mind to handle a relationship right now - she is still wrapped around her love for Justin and that is really throwing her emotions all over the place.
Does that mean Selena Gomez still have feelings for Justin Bieber?
Selena and Justin broke-up last year following Justin's alleged affair with a Victoria Secret model. However, the couple did try to work things out by taking a short vacation together at the onset of 2014. Jelena fans were delighted to see the reunion and it was speculated the relationship was for keeps.
But as fate would have it, Selena and Justin ended up detesting each other and allegedly sent each other unceremonious messages. The rumor has it that was Justin's growing fondness for Miami model Chantel Jefferies that scarred so-called Jelena reunion.
The source has further told the Web site, "She can't really focus on a relationship with anyone else when her relationship with Justin, the one she wants, is so damaged."
Apparently, Justin is ignoring Selena Gomez because of Chantel and the latter is making all the efforts to show the world that she is fine and is not affected by the "Believe" singer's new fling.
"She's making a huge effort to get out and show Justin and the world that she's fine," another source told HollywoodLife.com, adding "That's why she's going out so much, it's all to send a message to Justin. And that's why she's been flirting with Austin. Taylor has been pushing her to go for Austin, but Selena is not in a place to date right now but that doesn't mean Justin needs to know that."
Let us know what do you think about Selena and Austin. Should they or shouldn't they date?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date