Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Showcase Formula E, Concept Electric Sports Cars
By greeshma m | January 31, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, maker of the famed electric vehicle, is all set to showcase India's first electric sedan at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
A worker cleans a logo of Mahindra & Mahindra, India's largest utility vehicles maker, inside their showroom in the southern Indian city of Chennai April 12, 2011.
"We have been working a lot on next generation electric vehicle technologies, which we will be showcasing in the five products we will display at the Auto Expo," Mahindra Reva Founder and CEO Chetan Maini told PTI
Announcing its plan for the country's biggest auto extravaganza, the company said the event will see the participation of Mahindra Reva's Maxximo, a small truck, a sports electric car, Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. The Formula E car will also be headed to Formula race Championships later this year.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Maini added further.
The 2014 Auto Expo will be held in Greater Noida on 6-12 February. Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are among the companies which will display their vehicles.
Mahindra is also expected to unveil its Scorpio Facelift at the show. The Scorpio Facelift, which was seen being tested in India several times, is likely to come with the 2.2 litre turbo-diesel engine which can churn out a power of 120 bhp with a torque of 290 Nm. The new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How