Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Showcase Formula E, Concept Electric Sports Cars
By greeshma m | January 31, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, maker of the famed electric vehicle, is all set to showcase India's first electric sedan at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
A worker cleans a logo of Mahindra & Mahindra, India's largest utility vehicles maker, inside their showroom in the southern Indian city of Chennai April 12, 2011.
"We have been working a lot on next generation electric vehicle technologies, which we will be showcasing in the five products we will display at the Auto Expo," Mahindra Reva Founder and CEO Chetan Maini told PTI
Announcing its plan for the country's biggest auto extravaganza, the company said the event will see the participation of Mahindra Reva's Maxximo, a small truck, a sports electric car, Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. The Formula E car will also be headed to Formula race Championships later this year.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Maini added further.
The 2014 Auto Expo will be held in Greater Noida on 6-12 February. Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are among the companies which will display their vehicles.
Mahindra is also expected to unveil its Scorpio Facelift at the show. The Scorpio Facelift, which was seen being tested in India several times, is likely to come with the 2.2 litre turbo-diesel engine which can churn out a power of 120 bhp with a torque of 290 Nm. The new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People