Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Showcase Formula E, Concept Electric Sports Cars
By greeshma m | January 31, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, maker of the famed electric vehicle, is all set to showcase India's first electric sedan at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
A worker cleans a logo of Mahindra & Mahindra, India's largest utility vehicles maker, inside their showroom in the southern Indian city of Chennai April 12, 2011.
"We have been working a lot on next generation electric vehicle technologies, which we will be showcasing in the five products we will display at the Auto Expo," Mahindra Reva Founder and CEO Chetan Maini told PTI
Announcing its plan for the country's biggest auto extravaganza, the company said the event will see the participation of Mahindra Reva's Maxximo, a small truck, a sports electric car, Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. The Formula E car will also be headed to Formula race Championships later this year.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Maini added further.
The 2014 Auto Expo will be held in Greater Noida on 6-12 February. Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are among the companies which will display their vehicles.
Mahindra is also expected to unveil its Scorpio Facelift at the show. The Scorpio Facelift, which was seen being tested in India several times, is likely to come with the 2.2 litre turbo-diesel engine which can churn out a power of 120 bhp with a torque of 290 Nm. The new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015