Tori Spelling Can’t Afford To Divorce Dean McDermott
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Tori Spelling can’t afford to divorce Dean McDermott. A report claims that the former teen actress already wants to divorce her husband of almost eight years, but knows she can’t because she would go broke if she did.
The 40-year-old TV star is said to be fed up with Dean after allegations that he has cheated on her with a woman named Emily Goodhand surfaced.
Dean, who confirmed that he has entered a treatment facility this January to address “some health and professional issues,” has not confirmed nor denied the rumour.
Tori allegedly wants to end things with him, but she’s worried about the impact of their divorce would do to their finances.
“She would definitely kick Dean to the curb if she could financially afford to do so,” a source told RadarOnline.com. “Tori has admitted she would file for divorce from Dean, but she is afraid she would go broke.”
The source continued, “With the recent allegations that Dean cheated on Tori, she’s now kicking herself for not securing the prenup with Dean. She doesn’t plan on divorcing Dean, but feels that prenup might could have prevented him from cheating on her.”
Tori revealed in her memoir “Spelling It Like It Is” that she is in serious debt. The daughter of the late TV tycoon Aaron Spelling, she grew up with a silver spoon. But when she lost the support of her parents upon marrying Dean, as well as inheriting just $800,000 when her father died, she has lost the money that her lifestyle demanded.
As the breadwinner of their family, Tori is apparently worried that Dean would ask for joint custody of their children and demand spousal and child support if they divorced.
Aside from her lack of funds, there’s one more thing that’s worrying Tori, and it’s not her husband’s infidelity.
“She seems to care more about the public perception of her than Dean’s cheating,” the insider claimed, adding that Tori “feels humiliated and extremely angry at him.”
Tori married Dean in May 2006, less than a month after divorcing playwright Charlie Shanian, whom she married in 2004. She has four children with Dea: Liam Aaron (born 2007), Finn Davey (2012), Stella Doreen (2008), and Hattie Margaret (2011).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet