Google Considers Nexus 5 a Winner, Red Google Nexus 5s Leaked, Images, Specs and February 4 Release
By Precious Silva | January 31, 2014 6:59 PM EST
Reports about Google planning to remove its Nexus line started circulating recently. However, Google took the liberty to address the situation stating otherwise. If people will look at the company's comments, they would be a good indication that the program will continue for the years to come. In a conference call regarding the fourth quarter earnings report of the company, Google CFO Patrick Pichette called the Nexus 5 as a winner. According to the CFO, the device has performed strongly for the company.
Hugo Barra, director of Product Management at Android, holds a new Nexus 7 tablet during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, July 24, 2013.
Pichette remained tight lipped how many units of Nexus 5 it was able to sell. According to reports, Chromecast and Google Nexus 5 were the two best selling products all quarter. The CFO noted that the company is very pleased about its sales. According to him: "We had great momentum on the Nexus 5 and Chromecast."
Other strong revenue drivers for Google include content and apps accessed through Google Play Store. While Google is also offering a number of Chromebooks under the Google Play Store, the CFO said that majority of the company's sales were through third parties. Google 's Chromebooks sold well on platforms like Best Buy and Amazon.
The Nexus program mainly served as Google's guide for other manufacturers on how to develop devices for the company's software. It was in 2012 when the company started using the program to develop accessible high-end devices. Google has also seen to it the prices remain affordable despite the premium features. It was a winning combination as the company has sold millions of units for its Nexus line.
With the success of the Nexus 5, it appears Google will be investing more on the program. Recent reports highlight a tweet revealing a red Nexus 5. According to a report by Android Central, a Twitter user named @artyomster, revealed a number of pics showing a possible red Nexus 5. The box on the photo has also listed the color. While the leaked images appear rough, they have gained enough interest over the internet. Android Central also reported that the device may be announced officially on February. People will have to stay tuned for further announcements from Google.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015