Margot Robbie On ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Full Frontal Nudity: It Was Warranted
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Margot Robbie has no regrets about her full frontal nudity. The Australian actress was first hesitant to take off her clothes for the Academy Award-nominated “The Wolf of Wall Street,” but is glad that she did because the nude scene was “warranted.”
“[Nudity is] different in this day and age because of the Internet,” she told Look magazine. “It was like, if I could do this there will forever be YouTube clips of this, there will be slow motion versions.
“It’s not just the repercussions for myself – my brothers and my grandparents have to deal with that. So it’s not something to be taken lightly.”
The 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star added that there are scripts that call for nudity “for the sake of nudity,” and those are scripts that she does not agree with.
“But when the nudity is warranted, I don’t think there’s anything shameful in that. If it’s justified and the character would do it, then it should be there.”
And that’s why she has no regrets going full frontal in “The Wolf of Wall Street” with co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, though she had to lie about it to her family at first.
Robbie isn’t just beautiful, though, she also has a generous heart. She won $1000 from The Edge radio station in New Zealand after it offered the prize to anyone who could get Robbie to call them.
She is currently in New Zealand to film the sci-fi flick “Z for Zachariah” in Port Levy settlement on the Banks Peninsula in Canterbury.
Film production line producer Murray Francis told Stuff.co.nz that he rang the radio station on Thursday to claim the cash before handing the phone over to the star.
The money did not go into either her or Francis’ pocket, though. She decided to donate $500 to the Port Levy volunteer fire brigade, and the rest of the money to the Port Levy Marae for being “so warm and welcoming to the film and its cast and crew.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools