Margot Robbie On ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Full Frontal Nudity: It Was Warranted
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Margot Robbie has no regrets about her full frontal nudity. The Australian actress was first hesitant to take off her clothes for the Academy Award-nominated “The Wolf of Wall Street,” but is glad that she did because the nude scene was “warranted.”
“[Nudity is] different in this day and age because of the Internet,” she told Look magazine. “It was like, if I could do this there will forever be YouTube clips of this, there will be slow motion versions.
“It’s not just the repercussions for myself – my brothers and my grandparents have to deal with that. So it’s not something to be taken lightly.”
The 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star added that there are scripts that call for nudity “for the sake of nudity,” and those are scripts that she does not agree with.
“But when the nudity is warranted, I don’t think there’s anything shameful in that. If it’s justified and the character would do it, then it should be there.”
And that’s why she has no regrets going full frontal in “The Wolf of Wall Street” with co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, though she had to lie about it to her family at first.
Robbie isn’t just beautiful, though, she also has a generous heart. She won $1000 from The Edge radio station in New Zealand after it offered the prize to anyone who could get Robbie to call them.
She is currently in New Zealand to film the sci-fi flick “Z for Zachariah” in Port Levy settlement on the Banks Peninsula in Canterbury.
Film production line producer Murray Francis told Stuff.co.nz that he rang the radio station on Thursday to claim the cash before handing the phone over to the star.
The money did not go into either her or Francis’ pocket, though. She decided to donate $500 to the Port Levy volunteer fire brigade, and the rest of the money to the Port Levy Marae for being “so warm and welcoming to the film and its cast and crew.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy