Margot Robbie On ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Full Frontal Nudity: It Was Warranted
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Margot Robbie has no regrets about her full frontal nudity. The Australian actress was first hesitant to take off her clothes for the Academy Award-nominated “The Wolf of Wall Street,” but is glad that she did because the nude scene was “warranted.”
“[Nudity is] different in this day and age because of the Internet,” she told Look magazine. “It was like, if I could do this there will forever be YouTube clips of this, there will be slow motion versions.
“It’s not just the repercussions for myself – my brothers and my grandparents have to deal with that. So it’s not something to be taken lightly.”
The 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star added that there are scripts that call for nudity “for the sake of nudity,” and those are scripts that she does not agree with.
“But when the nudity is warranted, I don’t think there’s anything shameful in that. If it’s justified and the character would do it, then it should be there.”
And that’s why she has no regrets going full frontal in “The Wolf of Wall Street” with co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, though she had to lie about it to her family at first.
Robbie isn’t just beautiful, though, she also has a generous heart. She won $1000 from The Edge radio station in New Zealand after it offered the prize to anyone who could get Robbie to call them.
She is currently in New Zealand to film the sci-fi flick “Z for Zachariah” in Port Levy settlement on the Banks Peninsula in Canterbury.
Film production line producer Murray Francis told Stuff.co.nz that he rang the radio station on Thursday to claim the cash before handing the phone over to the star.
The money did not go into either her or Francis’ pocket, though. She decided to donate $500 to the Port Levy volunteer fire brigade, and the rest of the money to the Port Levy Marae for being “so warm and welcoming to the film and its cast and crew.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown