Margot Robbie On ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Full Frontal Nudity: It Was Warranted
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Margot Robbie has no regrets about her full frontal nudity. The Australian actress was first hesitant to take off her clothes for the Academy Award-nominated “The Wolf of Wall Street,” but is glad that she did because the nude scene was “warranted.”
“[Nudity is] different in this day and age because of the Internet,” she told Look magazine. “It was like, if I could do this there will forever be YouTube clips of this, there will be slow motion versions.
“It’s not just the repercussions for myself – my brothers and my grandparents have to deal with that. So it’s not something to be taken lightly.”
The 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star added that there are scripts that call for nudity “for the sake of nudity,” and those are scripts that she does not agree with.
“But when the nudity is warranted, I don’t think there’s anything shameful in that. If it’s justified and the character would do it, then it should be there.”
And that’s why she has no regrets going full frontal in “The Wolf of Wall Street” with co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, though she had to lie about it to her family at first.
Robbie isn’t just beautiful, though, she also has a generous heart. She won $1000 from The Edge radio station in New Zealand after it offered the prize to anyone who could get Robbie to call them.
She is currently in New Zealand to film the sci-fi flick “Z for Zachariah” in Port Levy settlement on the Banks Peninsula in Canterbury.
Film production line producer Murray Francis told Stuff.co.nz that he rang the radio station on Thursday to claim the cash before handing the phone over to the star.
The money did not go into either her or Francis’ pocket, though. She decided to donate $500 to the Port Levy volunteer fire brigade, and the rest of the money to the Port Levy Marae for being “so warm and welcoming to the film and its cast and crew.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced