NBA Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | January 31, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies are finally rounding out to form this season and are shooting for a season-high five straight wins. On Friday night, they’ll be facing the Minnesota Timberwolves which are a bit of on a roll as well winning five of their last six games.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
Both Memphis (24-20) and Minnesota (23-22) are out of the playoff picture, and at the moment 9th and 10th place in the tough Western Conference.
The Grizzlies have won over the Houston Rockets twice, 88-87 and 99-81; Portland Trail Blazers, 98-81, and the Sacramento Kings, 99-89, in their last four games.
The convincing wins over the Rockets and Blazers put them back in the playoff discussion as they are starting to resemble 2013’s Grizz team which is known for their defense. For 2014, Memphis allows only 95.5 PPG or 3rd overall in scoring defense.
Minnesota's stretch is not as impressive, although they have beaten the Golden State Warriors, 121-120, the lone "contender" in the schedule in their last six games. Still they’ll take the wins as Minnesota climbed back to above 0.500 record - something they couldn’t achieve earlier in the season.
Four players scored in double-figures in the Grizzlies last game-- a 99-89 win over the lowly Sacramento Kings. Mike Conley had 27 points and 10 assists, while Zach Randolph had 18 points and 7 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves are coming off an 88-77 win over the New Orleans Hornets led by Kevin Love (30 points and 14 rebounds) and Kevin Martin (18 points and 6 boards). Center Nikola Pekovic won’t suit up for the Wolves as the center is nursing an ankle injury.
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (-1.5) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Grizzlies are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Grizzlies are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Minnesota
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Timberwolves are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
- The Timberwolves are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Memphis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics