NBA Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | January 31, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies are finally rounding out to form this season and are shooting for a season-high five straight wins. On Friday night, they’ll be facing the Minnesota Timberwolves which are a bit of on a roll as well winning five of their last six games.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
Both Memphis (24-20) and Minnesota (23-22) are out of the playoff picture, and at the moment 9th and 10th place in the tough Western Conference.
The Grizzlies have won over the Houston Rockets twice, 88-87 and 99-81; Portland Trail Blazers, 98-81, and the Sacramento Kings, 99-89, in their last four games.
The convincing wins over the Rockets and Blazers put them back in the playoff discussion as they are starting to resemble 2013’s Grizz team which is known for their defense. For 2014, Memphis allows only 95.5 PPG or 3rd overall in scoring defense.
Minnesota's stretch is not as impressive, although they have beaten the Golden State Warriors, 121-120, the lone "contender" in the schedule in their last six games. Still they’ll take the wins as Minnesota climbed back to above 0.500 record - something they couldn’t achieve earlier in the season.
Four players scored in double-figures in the Grizzlies last game-- a 99-89 win over the lowly Sacramento Kings. Mike Conley had 27 points and 10 assists, while Zach Randolph had 18 points and 7 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves are coming off an 88-77 win over the New Orleans Hornets led by Kevin Love (30 points and 14 rebounds) and Kevin Martin (18 points and 6 boards). Center Nikola Pekovic won’t suit up for the Wolves as the center is nursing an ankle injury.
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (-1.5) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Grizzlies are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Grizzlies are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Minnesota
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Timberwolves are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
- The Timberwolves are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Memphis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James