NBA Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | January 31, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies are finally rounding out to form this season and are shooting for a season-high five straight wins. On Friday night, they’ll be facing the Minnesota Timberwolves which are a bit of on a roll as well winning five of their last six games.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
Both Memphis (24-20) and Minnesota (23-22) are out of the playoff picture, and at the moment 9th and 10th place in the tough Western Conference.
The Grizzlies have won over the Houston Rockets twice, 88-87 and 99-81; Portland Trail Blazers, 98-81, and the Sacramento Kings, 99-89, in their last four games.
The convincing wins over the Rockets and Blazers put them back in the playoff discussion as they are starting to resemble 2013’s Grizz team which is known for their defense. For 2014, Memphis allows only 95.5 PPG or 3rd overall in scoring defense.
Minnesota's stretch is not as impressive, although they have beaten the Golden State Warriors, 121-120, the lone "contender" in the schedule in their last six games. Still they’ll take the wins as Minnesota climbed back to above 0.500 record - something they couldn’t achieve earlier in the season.
Four players scored in double-figures in the Grizzlies last game-- a 99-89 win over the lowly Sacramento Kings. Mike Conley had 27 points and 10 assists, while Zach Randolph had 18 points and 7 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves are coming off an 88-77 win over the New Orleans Hornets led by Kevin Love (30 points and 14 rebounds) and Kevin Martin (18 points and 6 boards). Center Nikola Pekovic won’t suit up for the Wolves as the center is nursing an ankle injury.
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (-1.5) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Grizzlies are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Grizzlies are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Minnesota
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Timberwolves are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Timberwolves are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games after a win
- The Timberwolves are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games vs. Memphis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand