Super Bowl XLVIII: Budweiser’s 'Puppy Love' Commercial Wins Hearts [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | January 31, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Budweiser’s Super Bowl XLVIII advertisement is yet to make its television debut, but it has become a rage on the Internet due to its feel-good element.
The advertisement depicts the special friendship between the Budweiser Clydesdale and a puppy. It has already garnered more than 21 million views, just a day after the ad made its YouTube debut on Jan. 29.
The storyline of the commercial centers on a young Labrador retriever’s bond with a Clydesdale horse at the Warm Springs Ranch, where Anheuser-Busch raises its horses.
The puppy, belonging to an adoption center next door, is repeatedly rounded up and returned to the owner after it escapes to the ranch to meet the horse.The climax of the ad shows the puppy being adopted by a man, and as it is driven away, horses block the car the puppy is travelling in so that it can be reunited with the horse.
"The whole story is about connection," Jake Scott, the ad's director, told NBC's Today. "There's connection of heart, connection of spirit, connection of soul."
“Did a Budweiser commercial seriously almost make me cry!?! Oh man. I really am a big, softy. #bestbuds,” one tweet read, while another added, “Budweiser's Super Bowl Advertising and Marketing team nailed it again this year with ‘Puppy Love.’”
Check out the ad below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2