‘Seinfeld’ Reunion Confirmed: Top Secret Project To Be Released ‘Very, Very Soon’
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 4:53 PM EST
“Seinfeld” reunion is definitely maybe happening. Jerry Seinfeld has revealed new details about their “secret” project that involves his co-stars in the ‘90s hit U.S. sitcom.
The 59-year-old actor appeared on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carlton” show on Thursday to talk about football. However, the hosts were more interested in asking him about the persistent rumour that the “Seinfeld” cast are doing a reunion film or TV special.
The Upper West Side diner’s exterior was used as the exterior image of the fictional diner Monk’s in the defunct series, wherein the characters frequently hang out.
Show co-creator Larry David was also there, prompting speculations that they were there to film an episode for “Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee,” Jerry’s Web series in which he would pick up a fellow comedian and take them out for coffee conversation. It’s also possible that the three men were filming a Super Bowl commercial.
But both theories were disproved by Jerry himself when he answered questions from the WFAN show, saying it’s not a Super Bowl commercial or a “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.” However, he also said that it “isn’t not those things either.”
“It’s a secret project,” Jerry said, adding it’s not called “Seinfeld.”
As part of their impromptu 20 questions game, Jerry answered that the secret project was filmed and there were other “Seinfeld” characters involved. However, he did not say if both Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Michael Richards will also be there.
He did reveal that Jason would be playing his “Seinfeld” character George, and Larry was also involved but not on camera. Jason was also not surprised that he was asked to play George again.
He thinks it’s a “one-and-done” type of project, adding that it is longer than 60 seconds but in a “short-ish” form. They filmed at other locations, but not at Seinfeld’s iconic apartment.
As for the big reveal, Jerry said that people will see the project “very, very soon.”
“Seinfeld” aired from 1989 to 1998, lasting nine top-rating seasons in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS