‘Seinfeld’ Reunion Confirmed: Top Secret Project To Be Released ‘Very, Very Soon’
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 4:53 PM EST
“Seinfeld” reunion is definitely maybe happening. Jerry Seinfeld has revealed new details about their “secret” project that involves his co-stars in the ‘90s hit U.S. sitcom.
The 59-year-old actor appeared on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carlton” show on Thursday to talk about football. However, the hosts were more interested in asking him about the persistent rumour that the “Seinfeld” cast are doing a reunion film or TV special.
The Upper West Side diner’s exterior was used as the exterior image of the fictional diner Monk’s in the defunct series, wherein the characters frequently hang out.
Show co-creator Larry David was also there, prompting speculations that they were there to film an episode for “Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee,” Jerry’s Web series in which he would pick up a fellow comedian and take them out for coffee conversation. It’s also possible that the three men were filming a Super Bowl commercial.
But both theories were disproved by Jerry himself when he answered questions from the WFAN show, saying it’s not a Super Bowl commercial or a “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.” However, he also said that it “isn’t not those things either.”
“It’s a secret project,” Jerry said, adding it’s not called “Seinfeld.”
As part of their impromptu 20 questions game, Jerry answered that the secret project was filmed and there were other “Seinfeld” characters involved. However, he did not say if both Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Michael Richards will also be there.
He did reveal that Jason would be playing his “Seinfeld” character George, and Larry was also involved but not on camera. Jason was also not surprised that he was asked to play George again.
He thinks it’s a “one-and-done” type of project, adding that it is longer than 60 seconds but in a “short-ish” form. They filmed at other locations, but not at Seinfeld’s iconic apartment.
As for the big reveal, Jerry said that people will see the project “very, very soon.”
“Seinfeld” aired from 1989 to 1998, lasting nine top-rating seasons in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon