Tropico 5 Due for PlayStation 4 Release, LocoCycle Announced for PC and Xbox 360 [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 31, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Tropico 5, the island management simulation video game, is due to release on Sony's next-generation video game console PlayStation 4, said its publisher Kalypso Media.
This will be the fifth in the series for the city-building and political management game. It will also be its debut on the PlayStation platform and has already been confirmed for PC, Mac, Linux and Xbox 360.
The game will have some new features like advanced trading mechanics, technology, scientific research trees and island exploration. The game will also be introducing cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players, which will be a first for the game.
"We have been evaluating many new and exciting development opportunities for the Tropico brand and by bringing Tropico 5 to PlayStation 4 we open a new chapter in the history of the game," said Stefan Marcinek, MD at Kalypso in a statement.
He further added that Tropico 5 will be making full use of the processing power of PlayStation 4. The release date will be made known in "due course."
(YouTube Courtesy: kalypsomedia)
Meanwhile, developer Twisted Pixel has confirmed the roll out of LocoCycle for PC and Xbox 360 on February 14.
LocoCycle was released on Xbox One as a launch title. The game has a three-wheeled motorbike called I.R.I.S, which has to escape from its maker called S.P.I.K.E.
It is a motorcycle racing video game that has multiple live-action cut scenes that stars Freddy Rodriguez (HBO's "Six Feet Under") as Pablo and also has performances by James Gunn ("Thor: The Dark World") and Tom Savini.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop