Tropico 5 Due for PlayStation 4 Release, LocoCycle Announced for PC and Xbox 360 [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 31, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Tropico 5, the island management simulation video game, is due to release on Sony's next-generation video game console PlayStation 4, said its publisher Kalypso Media.
This will be the fifth in the series for the city-building and political management game. It will also be its debut on the PlayStation platform and has already been confirmed for PC, Mac, Linux and Xbox 360.
The game will have some new features like advanced trading mechanics, technology, scientific research trees and island exploration. The game will also be introducing cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players, which will be a first for the game.
"We have been evaluating many new and exciting development opportunities for the Tropico brand and by bringing Tropico 5 to PlayStation 4 we open a new chapter in the history of the game," said Stefan Marcinek, MD at Kalypso in a statement.
He further added that Tropico 5 will be making full use of the processing power of PlayStation 4. The release date will be made known in "due course."
(YouTube Courtesy: kalypsomedia)
Meanwhile, developer Twisted Pixel has confirmed the roll out of LocoCycle for PC and Xbox 360 on February 14.
LocoCycle was released on Xbox One as a launch title. The game has a three-wheeled motorbike called I.R.I.S, which has to escape from its maker called S.P.I.K.E.
It is a motorcycle racing video game that has multiple live-action cut scenes that stars Freddy Rodriguez (HBO's "Six Feet Under") as Pablo and also has performances by James Gunn ("Thor: The Dark World") and Tom Savini.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS