Chinese New Year 2014: People Born in Year of the Horse Might Have a Difficult Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 31, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Chinese New Year is here, and people across the world are set to welcome the Year of the Horse. However, people born in the Year of the Horse might find a few obstacles on the way. According to a post on The Sydney Morning Herald, Chinese astrologers say, "Don't get married or make big investments, but go to a lot of weddings and do happy things."
January 31 is the first day of the Chinese New Year and that means time to say goodbye to the year of the snake and make way for the horse.
The years in the Chinese calendar differ from the western calendar, the reason is the start and end of each year is based on the lunar cycle.
1930, 1942, 1954, 1961, 1978, 1990, 2002 and 2014 are in the Year of the horse. People born in the Year of the Horse are adventurous, stable and quite energetic; however they need to be on guard this year.
The Chinese philosophy states that people born with the same zodiac sign as the animal of that year are going to have a tough year. Lin Abbott, Chinese New Year adviser to the City of Sydney, explained the concept to The Sydney Morning Herald.
"If you're born in the Year of the Horse, you're clashing with the god so you need to lie low and let it peacefully go past," said Lin.
She also suggested some remedies to shun away bad luck. People born in the Year of Horse years can go for overseas for a big trip and come back. If the folks are 60 years old in 2014 then they need to organise a big party.
Lin also advised people not get married or make heavy investments, but they can always do happy stuffs and go to weddings.
Moreover, people born in the Year of the Horse must not change jobs this year and should have good relations with the boss.
Relationship compatibility for Year of the Horse
The year of tiger, dog and sheep are most compatible with the horse.
The Chinese New Year also means to plan for the future, many Chinese Calgarians will be pressured to get married soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools