Jeremy Lin, Evan Turner & Omer Asik in Blockbuster Three-Team Trade Proposed; Bobcats Buyers on Trade Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 31, 2014 3:44 PM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats are expected to become aggressive "buyers" for the next three ways before the Feb 20 trade deadline. With the postseason appears to be reachable, Michael Jordan's ball club will likely do everything to get solid players who would help them accomplish their goals this season.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Charlotte Bobcats
Hoops World correspondent Alex Kennedy broke the news that the Bobcats are really considering to make significant moves before the end of the trade window.
"I've heard from rival executives that the Bobcats are going to be buyers at the deadline. This is an organization that is tired of losing games and they'd love to make the playoffs this year," Kennedy stated in his article via Sportando.net
Kennedy said the Bobcats believed they have a shot at making into the postseason for the second time in franchise history and the last time before they reclaim the Hornets moniker in 2015.
"This is their opportunity, with the Eastern Conference being wide open. I'd be surprised if they decided to pack it in and tank the rest of the season. I get that there's an incentive to lose so that they can keep their draft pick rather than giving it to the Bulls, but that didn't affect their decision-making when they signed Al Jefferson over the offseason and I don't think it'll affect their decision-making at the deadline. They want to win."
With the arrival of Al Jefferson and rapid growth of point guard Kemba Walker, the Bobcats have become a more competitive team than they were in years. However, injuries have kept them from racking up wins consistently, and it's up for the front office to address these issues.
Blockbuster Three Team Trade
Sidery Sports writer Evan Sidery proposed a nice three-way blockbuster trade that would involve the Bobcats, the Houston Rockets and the Philadelphia 76ers.
In the proposed trade, the Rockets will have the chance to add more depth in the point guard, power forward and center position by getting playmaker Ramon Sessions, power forward Thaddeus Young and center Spencer Hawes.
The Sixers, on the other hand, will get defensive powerhouse Omer Asik - whom Sixers GM Sam Hinkie is coveting - Ben Gordon's expiring contract, and young swingman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
Finally, the Bobcats will have Jeremy Lin, small forward Evan Turner and a stretch four forward in Donatas Motiejūnas.
Fore more NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS