‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Ron Perlman to Lead Amazon's 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 3:41 PM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" actor Ron Perlman or better known as Clay Morrow on the hit TV series is set to star Amazon's "Hand of God." According to Deadline, the new online drama from Amazon Studios will be directed by "World War Z" filmmaker Mark Foster.
Perlman whose character was brutally murdered in the FX drama "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 concluded his six season long arc. Now set to another hour-long drama, the 63-year-old actor will lead one of Amazon's most ambitious projects yet.
In their effort to continue high-profile original series, Amazon Studios is set to venture one of its most ambitious projects yet. The edgy drama "Hand of God" centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell played by "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman.
According to Deadline, Judge Harris Pernell was described as: "A hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him."
Powerful, ruthless and unfaithful; Perlman's character is like a judicial branch of "House of Cards'" Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey. Although there are some close similarities to both characters but its Pernell's religious awakening that sets it apart to Netflix's award-winning original series.
"Hand of God" is scheduled to start filming in March, and Foster will have his directorial TV debut as a follow up to "World War Z," which grossed $540 million worldwide. Penned by "Burn Notice" veteran Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" is Amazon's effort to keep up with Netflix's hit drama "House of Cards."
The news of Perlman's involvement to Amazon's "Hand of God" was kept under wraps although he made some hints about his upcoming gig. "Sons of Anarchy" Season finale is scheduled to be aired on October 2014 and Perlman is more than happy for the show and his upcoming project.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perlman revealed that he's "already about 700 miles down the road in terms of what's next for me. So, I'm incredibly excited about what lies ahead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon