‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Ron Perlman to Lead Amazon's 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 3:41 PM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" actor Ron Perlman or better known as Clay Morrow on the hit TV series is set to star Amazon's "Hand of God." According to Deadline, the new online drama from Amazon Studios will be directed by "World War Z" filmmaker Mark Foster.
Perlman whose character was brutally murdered in the FX drama "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 concluded his six season long arc. Now set to another hour-long drama, the 63-year-old actor will lead one of Amazon's most ambitious projects yet.
In their effort to continue high-profile original series, Amazon Studios is set to venture one of its most ambitious projects yet. The edgy drama "Hand of God" centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell played by "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman.
According to Deadline, Judge Harris Pernell was described as: "A hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him."
Powerful, ruthless and unfaithful; Perlman's character is like a judicial branch of "House of Cards'" Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey. Although there are some close similarities to both characters but its Pernell's religious awakening that sets it apart to Netflix's award-winning original series.
"Hand of God" is scheduled to start filming in March, and Foster will have his directorial TV debut as a follow up to "World War Z," which grossed $540 million worldwide. Penned by "Burn Notice" veteran Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" is Amazon's effort to keep up with Netflix's hit drama "House of Cards."
The news of Perlman's involvement to Amazon's "Hand of God" was kept under wraps although he made some hints about his upcoming gig. "Sons of Anarchy" Season finale is scheduled to be aired on October 2014 and Perlman is more than happy for the show and his upcoming project.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perlman revealed that he's "already about 700 miles down the road in terms of what's next for me. So, I'm incredibly excited about what lies ahead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS