‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Ron Perlman to Lead Amazon's 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 3:41 PM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" actor Ron Perlman or better known as Clay Morrow on the hit TV series is set to star Amazon's "Hand of God." According to Deadline, the new online drama from Amazon Studios will be directed by "World War Z" filmmaker Mark Foster.
Perlman whose character was brutally murdered in the FX drama "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 concluded his six season long arc. Now set to another hour-long drama, the 63-year-old actor will lead one of Amazon's most ambitious projects yet.
In their effort to continue high-profile original series, Amazon Studios is set to venture one of its most ambitious projects yet. The edgy drama "Hand of God" centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell played by "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman.
According to Deadline, Judge Harris Pernell was described as: "A hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him."
Powerful, ruthless and unfaithful; Perlman's character is like a judicial branch of "House of Cards'" Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey. Although there are some close similarities to both characters but its Pernell's religious awakening that sets it apart to Netflix's award-winning original series.
"Hand of God" is scheduled to start filming in March, and Foster will have his directorial TV debut as a follow up to "World War Z," which grossed $540 million worldwide. Penned by "Burn Notice" veteran Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" is Amazon's effort to keep up with Netflix's hit drama "House of Cards."
The news of Perlman's involvement to Amazon's "Hand of God" was kept under wraps although he made some hints about his upcoming gig. "Sons of Anarchy" Season finale is scheduled to be aired on October 2014 and Perlman is more than happy for the show and his upcoming project.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perlman revealed that he's "already about 700 miles down the road in terms of what's next for me. So, I'm incredibly excited about what lies ahead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen