‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Ron Perlman to Lead Amazon's 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 3:41 PM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" actor Ron Perlman or better known as Clay Morrow on the hit TV series is set to star Amazon's "Hand of God." According to Deadline, the new online drama from Amazon Studios will be directed by "World War Z" filmmaker Mark Foster.
Perlman whose character was brutally murdered in the FX drama "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 concluded his six season long arc. Now set to another hour-long drama, the 63-year-old actor will lead one of Amazon's most ambitious projects yet.
In their effort to continue high-profile original series, Amazon Studios is set to venture one of its most ambitious projects yet. The edgy drama "Hand of God" centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell played by "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman.
According to Deadline, Judge Harris Pernell was described as: "A hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him."
Powerful, ruthless and unfaithful; Perlman's character is like a judicial branch of "House of Cards'" Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey. Although there are some close similarities to both characters but its Pernell's religious awakening that sets it apart to Netflix's award-winning original series.
"Hand of God" is scheduled to start filming in March, and Foster will have his directorial TV debut as a follow up to "World War Z," which grossed $540 million worldwide. Penned by "Burn Notice" veteran Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" is Amazon's effort to keep up with Netflix's hit drama "House of Cards."
The news of Perlman's involvement to Amazon's "Hand of God" was kept under wraps although he made some hints about his upcoming gig. "Sons of Anarchy" Season finale is scheduled to be aired on October 2014 and Perlman is more than happy for the show and his upcoming project.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perlman revealed that he's "already about 700 miles down the road in terms of what's next for me. So, I'm incredibly excited about what lies ahead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8