‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Ron Perlman to Lead Amazon's 'Hand of God'
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 3:41 PM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" actor Ron Perlman or better known as Clay Morrow on the hit TV series is set to star Amazon's "Hand of God." According to Deadline, the new online drama from Amazon Studios will be directed by "World War Z" filmmaker Mark Foster.
Perlman whose character was brutally murdered in the FX drama "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 concluded his six season long arc. Now set to another hour-long drama, the 63-year-old actor will lead one of Amazon's most ambitious projects yet.
In their effort to continue high-profile original series, Amazon Studios is set to venture one of its most ambitious projects yet. The edgy drama "Hand of God" centers on the powerful Judge Harris Pernell played by "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman.
According to Deadline, Judge Harris Pernell was described as: "A hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side who has a religious awakening and starts having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son that could be God speaking to him."
Powerful, ruthless and unfaithful; Perlman's character is like a judicial branch of "House of Cards'" Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey. Although there are some close similarities to both characters but its Pernell's religious awakening that sets it apart to Netflix's award-winning original series.
"Hand of God" is scheduled to start filming in March, and Foster will have his directorial TV debut as a follow up to "World War Z," which grossed $540 million worldwide. Penned by "Burn Notice" veteran Ben Watkins, "Hand of God" is Amazon's effort to keep up with Netflix's hit drama "House of Cards."
The news of Perlman's involvement to Amazon's "Hand of God" was kept under wraps although he made some hints about his upcoming gig. "Sons of Anarchy" Season finale is scheduled to be aired on October 2014 and Perlman is more than happy for the show and his upcoming project.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perlman revealed that he's "already about 700 miles down the road in terms of what's next for me. So, I'm incredibly excited about what lies ahead."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date