Pokemon X And Y More Battle Competition Info; Maintenance For Pokemon Global Link Set
By Gel Galang | January 31, 2014 3:34 PM EST
February will start off with an extended maintenance for Pokemon X and Y, as Feb. 4 (or Feb. 3 in some areas) will find Nintendo taking down the service for around 8 hours to deal with the two games online.
Cubed3 reported there are no exact specifics as to what kind of services will be tinkered with or what kind of issues the maintenance will resolve afterward.
It does, however, have some people thinking that this may finally be the rollout of the much-awaited Pokemon Bank for the Pokemon X and Y. In the last update from Nintendo regarding the Pokemon Bank, the company sent a four-message long entry on the official Twitter stating that the Pokemon Bank has already returned to Japan and some Asian territories, and that the company will be keeping close watch on the players' experience as it readies for a European release.
*Check out these cool projects, glitches and finds by Minecraft players with the newest Minecraft snapshot 14w05a. Read here for more.
In any case the Pokemon X and Y maintenance is scheduled the following dates, according to the report:
U.S.: 7 a.m. (Monday) to 3 a.m. (Tuesday) for East Coast and 4 p.m. (Monday) to 12 a.m. (Tuesday) for West Coast.
Europe: 1 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday)
U.K.: 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. (Monday)
Japan: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday)
Whether or not this will be the Pokemon X and Y Pokemon Bank is still yet to be announced by Nintendo. But given Japan is also part of the maintenance, it may just be regular maintenance of some of the services.
*Outlast is going to look a lot scarier on the PS4: Here's why.
Additional Data for the Pokemon X and Y Battle Competition
Over at Serebii, the site has spotted a reveal over at an official Korean web site that there may be regulations that will be released for the Beta Competition Wi-Fi tournament for the Pokemon X and Y.
More confirmations are still needed, but the report said the battles may be Double Battles where you can use any Pokemon that is part of the National Pokedex, so long as it is not Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde.
*GDC 2014 is worth checking out because of new inFamous: Second Son reveals: Read the full story here.
Also, you cannot use any of the Pokemons that you have transferred from other previous generations.
Another guideline here is that all the Pokemon will become Level 30 while in the competition. Those who are planning to take part in this may also only be allowed to join 20 battles per day. But for those who will not max out their battle, count on an allotted day can see the remaining battles carried over on another day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery