Pokemon X And Y More Battle Competition Info; Maintenance For Pokemon Global Link Set
By Gel Galang | January 31, 2014 3:34 PM EST
February will start off with an extended maintenance for Pokemon X and Y, as Feb. 4 (or Feb. 3 in some areas) will find Nintendo taking down the service for around 8 hours to deal with the two games online.
Cubed3 reported there are no exact specifics as to what kind of services will be tinkered with or what kind of issues the maintenance will resolve afterward.
It does, however, have some people thinking that this may finally be the rollout of the much-awaited Pokemon Bank for the Pokemon X and Y. In the last update from Nintendo regarding the Pokemon Bank, the company sent a four-message long entry on the official Twitter stating that the Pokemon Bank has already returned to Japan and some Asian territories, and that the company will be keeping close watch on the players' experience as it readies for a European release.
*Check out these cool projects, glitches and finds by Minecraft players with the newest Minecraft snapshot 14w05a. Read here for more.
In any case the Pokemon X and Y maintenance is scheduled the following dates, according to the report:
U.S.: 7 a.m. (Monday) to 3 a.m. (Tuesday) for East Coast and 4 p.m. (Monday) to 12 a.m. (Tuesday) for West Coast.
Europe: 1 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday)
U.K.: 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. (Monday)
Japan: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday)
Whether or not this will be the Pokemon X and Y Pokemon Bank is still yet to be announced by Nintendo. But given Japan is also part of the maintenance, it may just be regular maintenance of some of the services.
*Outlast is going to look a lot scarier on the PS4: Here's why.
Additional Data for the Pokemon X and Y Battle Competition
Over at Serebii, the site has spotted a reveal over at an official Korean web site that there may be regulations that will be released for the Beta Competition Wi-Fi tournament for the Pokemon X and Y.
More confirmations are still needed, but the report said the battles may be Double Battles where you can use any Pokemon that is part of the National Pokedex, so long as it is not Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde.
*GDC 2014 is worth checking out because of new inFamous: Second Son reveals: Read the full story here.
Also, you cannot use any of the Pokemons that you have transferred from other previous generations.
Another guideline here is that all the Pokemon will become Level 30 while in the competition. Those who are planning to take part in this may also only be allowed to join 20 battles per day. But for those who will not max out their battle, count on an allotted day can see the remaining battles carried over on another day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June