Latest South Korean Online Trend Paying To Watch A Pretty Girl Eat [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | January 31, 2014 3:27 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/Ronaldo Cristiano)
The latest online craze among South Koreans is something crazy. It involves watching a gorgeous woman eat giant servings of food.
CNN is one of the most reliable Web sites who first made a report on the odd craze highly similar to what can be considered as food porn. They got to have an inside look at the queen of the Korean online craze named as Diva. The 33-year-old Korean female can eat loads of food as if she has an elephant tummy but the looks of a sexy model.
Gastronomic Voyeurism Also Called As 'Muk-Bang'
'Muk-bang' or 'Meok-band' is the term used by Koreans to describe eating sessions broadcasted or live streamed online. Independent UK wrote that it has been entertaining those who are either on a diet but craves to eat a lot or even some others who usually eat solo but wants some company every once in a while.
The Diva who goes by the real name of Park Seo-yeon explained to Reuters how the interactivity of the craze has been making the food porn showed addictive. "Loneliness is another crucial factor. The show is addictive as you can communicate with thousands of people at home," the Diva said.
How Much Does It Pay?
The Diva confessed in one of her interviews that being one of the broadcast jockeys of the online trend is not a kind of past time but a stable source of income. She earns about $9,400 each month, big enough for her to finally quit her current job to work full time for Afreeca TV. The Afreeca TV is a video network for peers which have evolved to become the home of the food porn craze.
However, the Diva emphasized that her costs of living are also soaring high since she spends about $3,000 each month for the food she will need for her online eating room shows.
The female Korean broadcast jockey shared that she gets the most fulfillment out of her current job when she gets to help viewers who go through serious problems like anorexia. Many of her fans send her gifts and money but all are done voluntarily. The eating room service is limited within the South Korean region at the moment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29