Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Ukranian Target is a ‘Headless Chicken,’ Says Arsenal Retiree
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 31, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Former Arsenal player Oleh Luzhny thinks that Liverpool are making a big mistake in chasing Dnipro's Yevhen Konoplyanka.
Oleh Luzhny calls Yevhen Konoplyanka a "headless chicken"
The £15million-rated versatile midfielder would be a waste of resources as his playing style is believed to be more suited in other leagues in Europe.
"I don't think the English league is right for him," said Luzhny.
"Konoplyanka's style of play is better suited to Italy or Spain. The game in England is totally different - it's about power. You have to run back and forth, back and forth. You run at speed up and down, and it's like that for 90 minutes."
Konoplyanka showed a decent performance against England in a previous meeting, scoring a goal in the process, but Luzhny was quick to expose his perceived weakness in a different match.
"I saw how he played in the [World Cup qualification playoff] second leg against France, when Ukraine lost 3-0, and he was like a headless chicken," he opined.
"It is a completely different level. When you play in the Ukraine, you can afford not to run."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks