Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Ukranian Target is a ‘Headless Chicken,’ Says Arsenal Retiree
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 31, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Former Arsenal player Oleh Luzhny thinks that Liverpool are making a big mistake in chasing Dnipro's Yevhen Konoplyanka.
Oleh Luzhny calls Yevhen Konoplyanka a "headless chicken"
The £15million-rated versatile midfielder would be a waste of resources as his playing style is believed to be more suited in other leagues in Europe.
"I don't think the English league is right for him," said Luzhny.
"Konoplyanka's style of play is better suited to Italy or Spain. The game in England is totally different - it's about power. You have to run back and forth, back and forth. You run at speed up and down, and it's like that for 90 minutes."
Konoplyanka showed a decent performance against England in a previous meeting, scoring a goal in the process, but Luzhny was quick to expose his perceived weakness in a different match.
"I saw how he played in the [World Cup qualification playoff] second leg against France, when Ukraine lost 3-0, and he was like a headless chicken," he opined.
"It is a completely different level. When you play in the Ukraine, you can afford not to run."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29