XDA Developers Leak Android 4.4 Builds For Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy S4
By Precious Silva | January 31, 2014 3:06 PM EST
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Samsung is among those who have yet to complete the release among its devices. According to the company, it will be rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 throughout the first quarter 2014. For users unsure when they would receive the update, developers at XDA leaked the builds for the new OS.
Samsung has been working on getting the Android 4.4 KitKat device to its international models and U.S. devices for the past couple of weeks. Specifically, the company has been testing and certifying builds for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy S4. But as the roll out may not take a couple of weeks for some regions, some users grow impatient on when they can try out the OS.
For third-party providers like XDA developers, users have the option to test the builds of the operating system. Designgears, a member at XDA Developers forum, has provided the leaked builds for Android 4.4 KitKat under AT&T.
The leaked builds cater to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 devices under American carrier AT&T. For those who cannot wait for the official release of the update, they can download the builds and flash their devices.
It is important for users to understand that the leaked builds are test builds. This means providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the devices after flashing. Users can download and update at their own risk.
The KitKat builds provided at XDA are not official and there might be some features on the over-the-air update which may not be present on the leaked builds. Users should be prepared for reboot issue with their Samsung Galaxy S4 build. The reboot issue surfaces when working with video codecs. As for people who do not mind minor issues, they can choose to use the builds as provided. It is best to double check flashing instructions to avoid problems.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists