Roast Buster Beraiah Hales Emerges On Facebook, Blames Media For Hyping Scandal
By Reissa Su | January 31, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Roast Buster Beraiah Hales has chosen to reveal his involvement in the scandal involving getting underage teens and young women drunk and "rape" them in one of the group's sex sessions.
Opening up to New Zealand Herald via Facebook, Hales said he is not worried about the police inverstigation. He and Joseph Parker were accused of having sex with drunk underage girls and posting their pictures on the Roast Busters Facebook page.
Hales called himself "one of the most hated people in New Zealand" and blamed the media for the accusations against him. He has been hiding since news of the Roast Busters scandal broke out in November 2013.
He said it was the media who made the issue public and thought the police had done nothing wrong. He added as long as he knows the "truth" he will be alright.
Hales and Parker are some of the members of the Roast Busters, a group of teenagers in Auckland accused of recruiting young girls as young as 13 years old to have orgies. The boys later bragged about their conquests on their Facebook page.
A girl from West Auckland, now 15, filed a complaint against the Roast Busters in 2011. However, the New Zealand police said there was insufficient evidence to support the young girl's claims during that time.
The young teen revealed in an interview that she had filed a second complaint with the police. She complained the police were "doing nothing" about the Roast Busters whose members bragged online about sexual encounters with drunk and underage girls.
The girl said the Roast Busters deserve to be in jail because they are "sick people." She felt the lack of police action made her feel the assault was her fault.
The New Zealand police have set up a hotline for anyone who wants to call and speak to the investigating team. Citizens who have information regarding the Roast Busters are encouraged to call the toll-free 0800 hotline. The number to dial is 0800 OP CLOVER (0800 672 568). Police said this can be accessed from any phone or cellphone in New Zealand.
The police declined to talk more about the investigation when asked by media in light of Hales statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates