HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date Nears As Cheaper HTC Desire 310 Specs Leaked
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 31, 2014 2:50 PM EST
WikiCommons 2.5 Generic
Image Showing the HTC One Smartphone at Thailand Mobile Expo Hi-End 2013, Bangkok
HTC is expected to release a low-cost smartphone, HTC Desire 310, alongside its new flagship phone at the upcoming Mobile World Congress next month, according to the Indonesian certification database Postel after two new HTC smartphones appeared in the database.
The specs of 310 made a brief appearance at the HTC page. The Taiwanese company yanked it down shortly after realizing its mistake. But tech Web sites are quicker to grab the details of the upcoming low-end smartphone.
Tech Web sites agreed HTC Desire 310 was lackluster in terms of hardware. Many publications predicted it will be hard for HTC to market its new device, especially when there is nothing spectacular in the features.
Many Web sites noted HTC Desire 310 is a carbon copy of the previous year's Desire 300. According to the leaked specs, HTC Desire 310 will sport a slightly larger screen display with 4.5-inch in size compared to last year's 4.3-inch screen panel with the same pixel resolution. With its larger screen, the handset will also be slightly heavier and weigh around 140 grams.
One of the upgrades that we can expect to come in the handset is a quadcore Mediatek processor with a faster clock speed of 1.3 GHz. Although the chipset is quadcore but the performance is not quite cutting edge, the material is decent but, definitely, not high-end.
HTC Desire packs the same specs like its predecessor such as 512 MB RAM, 4 GB on-board storage and Flashless 5 MP cams. It is quite disappointing the handset will run with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Good news is HTC Desire 310 will come with larger battery capacity of 2,000 mAh.
Initial reports claimed the company's cheaper smartphone powered by an octacore processor, which made a lot of waiting fans excited.
Meanwhile, HTC One 2 is rumored to come with 5-inch full HD screen and the latest Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon processor. Also, it was suggested HTC One 2 will include features such as an ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 2 GB RAM, 2,900 mAh battery and Sense 6.0 on top of Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports