UFC President Dana White Says Anderson Silva Will Fight in 2014, Says Silva Got Robbed at UFC 168
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 31, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that Anderson Silva will return to fight in the octagon ring.
After the gruesome injury that Silva has sustained in his match against Chris Weidman in UFC 168 in December, people are really wondering if he can even fight again. Well, White most certainly thinks that the Brazilian mixed martial artist can fight again and he's convinced that it will happen in 2014.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (R) waits to go onstage with White and UFC fighter Chuck Liddell (C) during an early voting rally at the University of Nevada, in Las Vegas, Nev. on Oct. 19, 2010.
White made an appearance on Arsenio Hall's talk show on Monday and he revealed that Silva should be able to fight again before 2014 is over. White said that Silva will be able to walk by the end of January without using his crutches. "He'll be training in less than six months and fight before the end of this year," said White.
In a news report by MMAJunkie, White revealed even more information on Silva's condition and recovery. "He's doing great," said White. "The funny thing is we all keep talking about how Anderson Silva and all career-ending and all that stuff," he said. "He broke a bone and because of the bone he broke and the way it broke, it's one of the freakiest thing you'll just see so you're like 'Oh my God, it's horrible," he said. White is optimistic that Silva is going to heal great and will be able to make a comeback as soon as the injury is healed and the bone is stronger. "He's going to be good," he said.
White went on and said that Silva is thirsty to win the title back, although Silva never mentioned anything about it to White. "Once they lose that belt, they would want that belt back so bad," said White. "I can tell he wants that belt back," he said.
White said that Weidman won the fight but he feels that they robbed off the fight in an unusually freakishly accident. "Chris won the fight, I mean the way the fight ended but none of us can deny we got robbed," he said. "Freak accident, got robbed off a finish but I don't know," White said.
With Silva coming back, do you think it is really a good idea or a terrible one?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales