UFC President Dana White Says Anderson Silva Will Fight in 2014, Says Silva Got Robbed at UFC 168
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 31, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that Anderson Silva will return to fight in the octagon ring.
After the gruesome injury that Silva has sustained in his match against Chris Weidman in UFC 168 in December, people are really wondering if he can even fight again. Well, White most certainly thinks that the Brazilian mixed martial artist can fight again and he's convinced that it will happen in 2014.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (R) waits to go onstage with White and UFC fighter Chuck Liddell (C) during an early voting rally at the University of Nevada, in Las Vegas, Nev. on Oct. 19, 2010.
White made an appearance on Arsenio Hall's talk show on Monday and he revealed that Silva should be able to fight again before 2014 is over. White said that Silva will be able to walk by the end of January without using his crutches. "He'll be training in less than six months and fight before the end of this year," said White.
In a news report by MMAJunkie, White revealed even more information on Silva's condition and recovery. "He's doing great," said White. "The funny thing is we all keep talking about how Anderson Silva and all career-ending and all that stuff," he said. "He broke a bone and because of the bone he broke and the way it broke, it's one of the freakiest thing you'll just see so you're like 'Oh my God, it's horrible," he said. White is optimistic that Silva is going to heal great and will be able to make a comeback as soon as the injury is healed and the bone is stronger. "He's going to be good," he said.
White went on and said that Silva is thirsty to win the title back, although Silva never mentioned anything about it to White. "Once they lose that belt, they would want that belt back so bad," said White. "I can tell he wants that belt back," he said.
White said that Weidman won the fight but he feels that they robbed off the fight in an unusually freakishly accident. "Chris won the fight, I mean the way the fight ended but none of us can deny we got robbed," he said. "Freak accident, got robbed off a finish but I don't know," White said.
With Silva coming back, do you think it is really a good idea or a terrible one?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates