LG G2 Pro To Arrive February At MWC 2014: What LG Has In Store
By Precious Silva | January 31, 2014 2:04 PM EST
LG will be releasing its LG G2 Pro series this February during the Mobile World Congress 2014.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smartphone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc , the world's No.2 TV maker, reported its lowest quarterly profit for 2013 on October 24 as its mobile business slipped into the red due to the cost of marketing its latest smartphone.
According to several Korean news site and sources, LG plans to introduce its next offering during the event. The LG 2 Pro will be the refreshed version of the LG Optimus G Pro phablet. With the market demand increasing for smartphones, tablets and hybrids, can LG get higher market share? Will the G2 Pro deliver?
Previously, sources thought LG will be releasing a follow-up to its LG G2 series. But the company will release a follow-up to the LG Optimus G Pro phablet instead. The release will be around the MWC 2014 this February.
Info is limited on the LG G2 Pro. LG has not confirmed the specs or hinted at what people should expect. Sources cited insiders following the announcement during the Mobile World Congress, LG plans on releasing the device around March. According to other sources, LG plans on including a fingerprint scanner.
Since Apple's inclusion of the Touch ID in the iPhone 5s, there is a renewed interest among tech manufacturer about biometric sensors. With Samsung reportedly working on an eye and fingerprint scanner, it seems March will be filled with devices banking on biometrics technology. The touch ID proved to be a convenient option to securing phones. Despite reported problems, it was another step to a new smartphone standard.
Under the hood, some of the reported specs for the LG G2 Pro include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU and 3GB RAM. The device will run on Android 4.4 KitKat. It will sport a 6-inch display. This is larger than the LG Optimus Pro at 5.5 and LG G at 5.2.
Although there are sources claiming LG G2 Pro will not have the 2K QHD resolution, the device will sport a full 1080p HD resolution. Some analysts felt this does not add up. To some, it still seems more logical for LG to offer 2K QHD 1440 x 2560p resolution display. If the company will not do this for the LG G2 Pro, then the LG G3 will probably have them.
The LG G2 was launched during the IFA 2013 in September. Some reports said it will be unlikely for LG to veer away from its schedule.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan