Lara Bingle's Ellery Dress Is A Sexier Version Of Lorde's ARIA Awards Outfit
By Jesselle Maminta | January 31, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Jaws dropped when Lara Bingle showed up at the AACTA Awards Thursday night wearing a black low-cut dress with flared sleeves, especially when she paired it with almost nothing but red lips and slicked-back hair.
But that style may have looked a bit familiar. It looks a lot like Lorde's outfit when she sang 'Team' during the ARIA Awards.
Both outfits came from the same designer, Sydney-based fashion label Ellery.
Black? Check. Bell sleeves with white lining? Check.
It stops there. While Lorde styled the black number in a goth-awesome way, Lara Bingle's version has "SEXY" written all over it.
So how else did they differ?
First was the neckline. Lara had hers at a plunging neckline, while Lorde's was cut high above the neck in a crew cut. Nothing too revealing for the teen pop-goth princess.
Second was the slit. Lara's side slit lent some vintage movie-star-like appeal to the otherwise vampy dress, whereas Lorde has none of it.
Finally, there was the entire ensemble. Lorde's outfit was actually a crop-top and maxi-skirt combo. The pop-goth princess wore a crop top. (Want proof? Check out this post.) Lara's black number, on the other hand, was a full-blown dress that oozes with sex appeal, especially when she posed beside her equally sexy beau Sam Worthington.
Another thing -- Lorde wore not one, but two Ellery dresses during the ARIA Awards. That other dress was a three-quarter-sleeved number she wore when she walked the red carpet, which also came from the designer's Spring 2014 collection.
So how do you compare Lara Bingle and Lorde's outfits from Ellery? Share your thoughts on the comments box below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected