Lara Bingle's Ellery Dress Is A Sexier Version Of Lorde's ARIA Awards Outfit
By Jesselle Maminta | January 31, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Jaws dropped when Lara Bingle showed up at the AACTA Awards Thursday night wearing a black low-cut dress with flared sleeves, especially when she paired it with almost nothing but red lips and slicked-back hair.
But that style may have looked a bit familiar. It looks a lot like Lorde's outfit when she sang 'Team' during the ARIA Awards.
Both outfits came from the same designer, Sydney-based fashion label Ellery.
Black? Check. Bell sleeves with white lining? Check.
It stops there. While Lorde styled the black number in a goth-awesome way, Lara Bingle's version has "SEXY" written all over it.
So how else did they differ?
First was the neckline. Lara had hers at a plunging neckline, while Lorde's was cut high above the neck in a crew cut. Nothing too revealing for the teen pop-goth princess.
Second was the slit. Lara's side slit lent some vintage movie-star-like appeal to the otherwise vampy dress, whereas Lorde has none of it.
Finally, there was the entire ensemble. Lorde's outfit was actually a crop-top and maxi-skirt combo. The pop-goth princess wore a crop top. (Want proof? Check out this post.) Lara's black number, on the other hand, was a full-blown dress that oozes with sex appeal, especially when she posed beside her equally sexy beau Sam Worthington.
Another thing -- Lorde wore not one, but two Ellery dresses during the ARIA Awards. That other dress was a three-quarter-sleeved number she wore when she walked the red carpet, which also came from the designer's Spring 2014 collection.
So how do you compare Lara Bingle and Lorde's outfits from Ellery? Share your thoughts on the comments box below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Lindsay Lohan Poses In Silk Underwear For Wonderland Magazine, Talks About Her Favourite Fashion Brands, Shares Beauty Tips [SEE VIDEO]
- Kim Kardashian Exposes Butt As She Becomes Victim To Another Wardrobe Malfunction
- Jessica Alba Talks About Her Entrepreneurial Side, Says She Considers Jennifer Lopez As Her Idol
- Post Nude Photo Scandal, Jennifer Lawrence Is 'Powerful' Woman For Dior Campaign, Wears Inspirational Message T-Shirt [SEE VIDEO]
- French Designer Jean Paul Gaultier Quits Ready To Wear Segment To Focus More On Haute Couture [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet