Bruce Jenner’s First Step Of Becoming A Woman: Reduce His Adam’s Apple?
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
Former Olympian Bruce Jenner, also known as Kim Kardashian's step-father, was reportedly undergoing a "tracheal shave" to reduce the size of his Adam's apple. Rumors are spreading like wild fire that the proud father of the Jenner clan plans to become a woman. Flattening his Adam's apple is the first step of the process.
Months after his very public divorce from his wife of 22 years, Bruce was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills after he allegedly went through a tracheal surgery. According to the experts, the procedure is the first stage of sex change where the doctor reduces the cartilage through a small incision in the throat.
Bruce admitted he never liked his trachea and this could be the main reason of his recent surgery. The 64-year-old reality star is no stranger to plastic surgery. Thanks to the physically flawless Kardashians, the former Olympic gold medalist also wants to keep up with them.
"Kris always encouraged Bruce to have his face nipped and tucked. He has had plastic surgery to remove excess fat above his eyelids. The Adam's apple surgery is just following in that pattern," a source said during an interview posted in Mail Online.
After his split from Kris in October, Bruce said he can finally be free and do what he wants in life. According to various reports, the ever changing face of Bruce to the effeminate side only adds fuel to the athlete's gender-bending ways.
What Is Adam's Apple Reduction?
It is medically known as chondrolaryngoplasty. An Adam's apple reduction is a surgical procedure reducing the size of the thyroid cartilage by shaving down the cartilage through a throat incision. The procedure is usually done to aid transgender to get rid of the male's deep voice and have a more female appearance.
The procedure starts with an application of anaesthetic followed by a small, horizontal incision made at the bottom of the Adam's apple where the doctor shaves down the protruding cartilage with a scalpel. Once it shaved, the throat will appear smoother and less angular. A red line will mark the incision that could last about 6 weeks.
The Adam's apple surgery is usually outpatient unless the patient combined it with other surgeries. Doctors have to be very careful in removing the too much cartilage for overdoing may reduce the structure of the trachea and lead to a breathing problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate