Bruce Jenner’s First Step Of Becoming A Woman: Reduce His Adam’s Apple?
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
Former Olympian Bruce Jenner, also known as Kim Kardashian's step-father, was reportedly undergoing a "tracheal shave" to reduce the size of his Adam's apple. Rumors are spreading like wild fire that the proud father of the Jenner clan plans to become a woman. Flattening his Adam's apple is the first step of the process.
Months after his very public divorce from his wife of 22 years, Bruce was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills after he allegedly went through a tracheal surgery. According to the experts, the procedure is the first stage of sex change where the doctor reduces the cartilage through a small incision in the throat.
Bruce admitted he never liked his trachea and this could be the main reason of his recent surgery. The 64-year-old reality star is no stranger to plastic surgery. Thanks to the physically flawless Kardashians, the former Olympic gold medalist also wants to keep up with them.
"Kris always encouraged Bruce to have his face nipped and tucked. He has had plastic surgery to remove excess fat above his eyelids. The Adam's apple surgery is just following in that pattern," a source said during an interview posted in Mail Online.
After his split from Kris in October, Bruce said he can finally be free and do what he wants in life. According to various reports, the ever changing face of Bruce to the effeminate side only adds fuel to the athlete's gender-bending ways.
What Is Adam's Apple Reduction?
It is medically known as chondrolaryngoplasty. An Adam's apple reduction is a surgical procedure reducing the size of the thyroid cartilage by shaving down the cartilage through a throat incision. The procedure is usually done to aid transgender to get rid of the male's deep voice and have a more female appearance.
The procedure starts with an application of anaesthetic followed by a small, horizontal incision made at the bottom of the Adam's apple where the doctor shaves down the protruding cartilage with a scalpel. Once it shaved, the throat will appear smoother and less angular. A red line will mark the incision that could last about 6 weeks.
The Adam's apple surgery is usually outpatient unless the patient combined it with other surgeries. Doctors have to be very careful in removing the too much cartilage for overdoing may reduce the structure of the trachea and lead to a breathing problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen