Bruce Jenner’s First Step Of Becoming A Woman: Reduce His Adam’s Apple?
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
Former Olympian Bruce Jenner, also known as Kim Kardashian's step-father, was reportedly undergoing a "tracheal shave" to reduce the size of his Adam's apple. Rumors are spreading like wild fire that the proud father of the Jenner clan plans to become a woman. Flattening his Adam's apple is the first step of the process.
Months after his very public divorce from his wife of 22 years, Bruce was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills after he allegedly went through a tracheal surgery. According to the experts, the procedure is the first stage of sex change where the doctor reduces the cartilage through a small incision in the throat.
Bruce admitted he never liked his trachea and this could be the main reason of his recent surgery. The 64-year-old reality star is no stranger to plastic surgery. Thanks to the physically flawless Kardashians, the former Olympic gold medalist also wants to keep up with them.
"Kris always encouraged Bruce to have his face nipped and tucked. He has had plastic surgery to remove excess fat above his eyelids. The Adam's apple surgery is just following in that pattern," a source said during an interview posted in Mail Online.
After his split from Kris in October, Bruce said he can finally be free and do what he wants in life. According to various reports, the ever changing face of Bruce to the effeminate side only adds fuel to the athlete's gender-bending ways.
What Is Adam's Apple Reduction?
It is medically known as chondrolaryngoplasty. An Adam's apple reduction is a surgical procedure reducing the size of the thyroid cartilage by shaving down the cartilage through a throat incision. The procedure is usually done to aid transgender to get rid of the male's deep voice and have a more female appearance.
The procedure starts with an application of anaesthetic followed by a small, horizontal incision made at the bottom of the Adam's apple where the doctor shaves down the protruding cartilage with a scalpel. Once it shaved, the throat will appear smoother and less angular. A red line will mark the incision that could last about 6 weeks.
The Adam's apple surgery is usually outpatient unless the patient combined it with other surgeries. Doctors have to be very careful in removing the too much cartilage for overdoing may reduce the structure of the trachea and lead to a breathing problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports