Bruce Jenner’s First Step Of Becoming A Woman: Reduce His Adam’s Apple?
By Riza Ornos | January 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
Former Olympian Bruce Jenner, also known as Kim Kardashian's step-father, was reportedly undergoing a "tracheal shave" to reduce the size of his Adam's apple. Rumors are spreading like wild fire that the proud father of the Jenner clan plans to become a woman. Flattening his Adam's apple is the first step of the process.
Months after his very public divorce from his wife of 22 years, Bruce was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills after he allegedly went through a tracheal surgery. According to the experts, the procedure is the first stage of sex change where the doctor reduces the cartilage through a small incision in the throat.
Bruce admitted he never liked his trachea and this could be the main reason of his recent surgery. The 64-year-old reality star is no stranger to plastic surgery. Thanks to the physically flawless Kardashians, the former Olympic gold medalist also wants to keep up with them.
"Kris always encouraged Bruce to have his face nipped and tucked. He has had plastic surgery to remove excess fat above his eyelids. The Adam's apple surgery is just following in that pattern," a source said during an interview posted in Mail Online.
After his split from Kris in October, Bruce said he can finally be free and do what he wants in life. According to various reports, the ever changing face of Bruce to the effeminate side only adds fuel to the athlete's gender-bending ways.
What Is Adam's Apple Reduction?
It is medically known as chondrolaryngoplasty. An Adam's apple reduction is a surgical procedure reducing the size of the thyroid cartilage by shaving down the cartilage through a throat incision. The procedure is usually done to aid transgender to get rid of the male's deep voice and have a more female appearance.
The procedure starts with an application of anaesthetic followed by a small, horizontal incision made at the bottom of the Adam's apple where the doctor shaves down the protruding cartilage with a scalpel. Once it shaved, the throat will appear smoother and less angular. A red line will mark the incision that could last about 6 weeks.
The Adam's apple surgery is usually outpatient unless the patient combined it with other surgeries. Doctors have to be very careful in removing the too much cartilage for overdoing may reduce the structure of the trachea and lead to a breathing problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]