Samsung Galaxy S Advance Gets Stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware Via CyanogenMod 11
By Ryan Inoyori | January 31, 2014 9:41 AM EST
CyanogenMod 11 developers have finally made an Android 4.4.2 KitKat running firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance. This was also nominated to get one this year from Samsung. But this firmware doesn't have bloatware apps and considered a stable release.
Galaxy S Advance Gets CM 11
Galaxy S Advance users can now enjoy as early as this month a stable version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat from CyanogenMod 11 firmware. It has bloatware-free system, CPU sleep mode, YouTube HQ and offline charging.
1. Flash this custom ROM to the Samsung Galaxy S Advance only.
2. Root and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery on the smartphone.
3. Create a manual backup of all personal files, information and settings stored on the device.
4. Ensure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
5. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Application > Development."
Warning: CM 11 requires manual installation on your smartphone. We are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy S Advance. Read and follow the instructions for prevent damaging the handset. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy SS Advance to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy then paste the CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM and Google Apps package to the SD card of the smartphone. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Switch off the smartphone.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup."
6. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > look for the custom ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
It may take at least 5 minutes until your Galaxy S Advance reaches the home screen.
If you have any issues or complaints, send your feedback to Maclaw Studios Web page for Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery