Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Intends to Keep Draxler, but a ‘Serious Offer’ Might Change Their Stance
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 31, 2014 6:58 AM EST
Schalke have made announcements to the effect that they are not willing to let go of their in demand forward, Julian Draxler, but admitted that a "serious offer" might change their mind.
Schalke will on consider a "serious offer" for Julian Draxler
"We are happy to have such a world-class player in our lines. I am very convinced that Draxler will be playing for us in the Rückrunde [second half of the season] but most probably beyond that," said Heldt.
"We are not interested in letting Julian leave, and he has also not approached us about a transfer."
IBT Sports has previously reported that Arsenal have sent representatives to Germany in an attempt to convince the Bundesliga club to have their prized asset head towards the Emirates and apparently, Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt was expecting suitors to come knocking, but to no avail.
"I checked my office if someone was waiting for me, but nobody was there," he disclosed.
In spite of the aforementioned statements, the Royal Blues are still willing to listen to clubs with genuine interest in acquiring the services of the versatile 20-year-old.
"Of course, there are always other clubs interested in him, and should someone make a serious offer for him, then we as a club have to professionally consider that," he revealed.
"That does not only apply to Julian Draxler, but to every other player."
From the looks of it, Arsenal still have a shot in making another last-minute coup, as was the case with now Gunner Mesut Ozil, if they successfully snatch the young German.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide