Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Intends to Keep Draxler, but a ‘Serious Offer’ Might Change Their Stance
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 31, 2014 6:58 AM EST
Schalke have made announcements to the effect that they are not willing to let go of their in demand forward, Julian Draxler, but admitted that a "serious offer" might change their mind.
Schalke will on consider a "serious offer" for Julian Draxler
"We are happy to have such a world-class player in our lines. I am very convinced that Draxler will be playing for us in the Rückrunde [second half of the season] but most probably beyond that," said Heldt.
"We are not interested in letting Julian leave, and he has also not approached us about a transfer."
IBT Sports has previously reported that Arsenal have sent representatives to Germany in an attempt to convince the Bundesliga club to have their prized asset head towards the Emirates and apparently, Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt was expecting suitors to come knocking, but to no avail.
"I checked my office if someone was waiting for me, but nobody was there," he disclosed.
In spite of the aforementioned statements, the Royal Blues are still willing to listen to clubs with genuine interest in acquiring the services of the versatile 20-year-old.
"Of course, there are always other clubs interested in him, and should someone make a serious offer for him, then we as a club have to professionally consider that," he revealed.
"That does not only apply to Julian Draxler, but to every other player."
From the looks of it, Arsenal still have a shot in making another last-minute coup, as was the case with now Gunner Mesut Ozil, if they successfully snatch the young German.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More