Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Shift Attention to Feyenoord Defender as Possible Sagna Replacement
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 31, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Arsenal are monitoring contract developments concerning Feyenoord right-back Daryl Janmaat, who is seen as a possible replacement to unsettled defender Bacary Sagna.
Arsenal considers Feyenoord defender Daryl Janmaat as possible Sagna replacement
The 24-year-old is nearing his final year of commitment to the Dutch club and refuses to bind himself in a new agreement as he anticipates the Gunners to come calling.
Janmaat has already contributed three assists to Feyenoord's quest in the Eredivisie this season and may seem to be a good fit for the Gunners' attacking style.
Sagna has yet to renew his vows with the north London outfit amid his contract that is due to expire this coming summer.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger implied that convincing the 30-year-old veteran to stay at the Emirates is a tough task, but he is, nevertheless, prepared for the worst-case scenario.
"We try to, of course, secure Sagna because he's a very important player," said Wenger.
"If Sagna doesn't extend his contract, we'll have to look at replacements."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date