Qantas Giving 2 Aussies Cameo Roles In ‘Modern Family’
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 3:50 AM EST
The “Modern Family” cast are filming in Sydney, and two lucky Aussies will have a chance to appear in the U.S. TV show with a cameo role, courtesy of Qantas airline.
The Emmy Award-winning show will begin its shoot for an episode in the country in February.
The entire cast – Ed O’Neill, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, and the children, Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez, and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons – are all flying Down Under for a two-week filming in Sydney and other still undecided destinations.
As exclusively reported by news.com.au, the actors will be flying Qantas, and each will receive “love packs,” which are gift bags full of local fashion, food, and other freebies for them to sample on their 14-hour flight from Los Angeles.
They will be receiving tailored tailor gifts that include Havaiana thongs, Sass & Bide clothing, Caramello koala chocolates, Bonds socks, and Napoleon cosmetics.
But even more exciting than the stars’ gift bags is what’s in store for the local fans.
Qantas is giving a fan and his/her friend a chance to appear in the show’s episode in a walk-on role. It’s a non-speaking part, but is expected to make it to the final editing cut.
The nationwide contest is open to any Qantas passenger who makes a booking between February 5 and 14. Frequent flyers have double chance of winning. The winning passenger will be flown to one of the show’s secret set locations to take part in the production.
There’s little known about the said episode, though reports claim that Gould already spilt some of the plot’s secret.
His character, Luke, will reportedly go in search of topless women at Bondi Beach in the episode, while his father, Phil, played by Burrell, will have an allergic reaction to Vegemite and will get struck by a kangaroo.
“Modern Family” took home the Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series gong at the SAG Awards earlier in January. Burrell also won Best Male Actor in a Comedy Series, while Bowen was also nominated but lost the Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series trophy to Julia Louis-Dreyfus for “Veep.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russian TV Spins Conspiracy Theories About Plane Crash; Another Group Links Air Mishap to Illuminati
- Malaysia Airline MH17: Ukraine Rebel Leader Claims Downed Plane Was Filled With Dead Bodies Before Takeoff
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Last-Minute Booking Changes Save Dutch Cyclist from 2 MH Tragedies
- Two Other Aircrafts Reportedly Shot Down in Ukraine Prior to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People