Qantas Giving 2 Aussies Cameo Roles In ‘Modern Family’
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 3:50 AM EST
The “Modern Family” cast are filming in Sydney, and two lucky Aussies will have a chance to appear in the U.S. TV show with a cameo role, courtesy of Qantas airline.
The Emmy Award-winning show will begin its shoot for an episode in the country in February.
The entire cast – Ed O’Neill, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, and the children, Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez, and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons – are all flying Down Under for a two-week filming in Sydney and other still undecided destinations.
As exclusively reported by news.com.au, the actors will be flying Qantas, and each will receive “love packs,” which are gift bags full of local fashion, food, and other freebies for them to sample on their 14-hour flight from Los Angeles.
They will be receiving tailored tailor gifts that include Havaiana thongs, Sass & Bide clothing, Caramello koala chocolates, Bonds socks, and Napoleon cosmetics.
But even more exciting than the stars’ gift bags is what’s in store for the local fans.
Qantas is giving a fan and his/her friend a chance to appear in the show’s episode in a walk-on role. It’s a non-speaking part, but is expected to make it to the final editing cut.
The nationwide contest is open to any Qantas passenger who makes a booking between February 5 and 14. Frequent flyers have double chance of winning. The winning passenger will be flown to one of the show’s secret set locations to take part in the production.
There’s little known about the said episode, though reports claim that Gould already spilt some of the plot’s secret.
His character, Luke, will reportedly go in search of topless women at Bondi Beach in the episode, while his father, Phil, played by Burrell, will have an allergic reaction to Vegemite and will get struck by a kangaroo.
“Modern Family” took home the Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series gong at the SAG Awards earlier in January. Burrell also won Best Male Actor in a Comedy Series, while Bowen was also nominated but lost the Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series trophy to Julia Louis-Dreyfus for “Veep.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay – Part 1' Banned, Protesters Use Three-fingered Salute In Real Life
- Travel Alert: Malaysia’s AirAsia Cuts Number Of Australian Flights
- Air Canada Expands Vancouver Boeing 787 Dreamliners To Beijing, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo-Narita Routes
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports