Qantas Giving 2 Aussies Cameo Roles In ‘Modern Family’
By Anne Lu | January 31, 2014 3:50 AM EST
The “Modern Family” cast are filming in Sydney, and two lucky Aussies will have a chance to appear in the U.S. TV show with a cameo role, courtesy of Qantas airline.
The Emmy Award-winning show will begin its shoot for an episode in the country in February.
The entire cast – Ed O’Neill, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, and the children, Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez, and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons – are all flying Down Under for a two-week filming in Sydney and other still undecided destinations.
As exclusively reported by news.com.au, the actors will be flying Qantas, and each will receive “love packs,” which are gift bags full of local fashion, food, and other freebies for them to sample on their 14-hour flight from Los Angeles.
They will be receiving tailored tailor gifts that include Havaiana thongs, Sass & Bide clothing, Caramello koala chocolates, Bonds socks, and Napoleon cosmetics.
But even more exciting than the stars’ gift bags is what’s in store for the local fans.
Qantas is giving a fan and his/her friend a chance to appear in the show’s episode in a walk-on role. It’s a non-speaking part, but is expected to make it to the final editing cut.
The nationwide contest is open to any Qantas passenger who makes a booking between February 5 and 14. Frequent flyers have double chance of winning. The winning passenger will be flown to one of the show’s secret set locations to take part in the production.
There’s little known about the said episode, though reports claim that Gould already spilt some of the plot’s secret.
His character, Luke, will reportedly go in search of topless women at Bondi Beach in the episode, while his father, Phil, played by Burrell, will have an allergic reaction to Vegemite and will get struck by a kangaroo.
“Modern Family” took home the Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series gong at the SAG Awards earlier in January. Burrell also won Best Male Actor in a Comedy Series, while Bowen was also nominated but lost the Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series trophy to Julia Louis-Dreyfus for “Veep.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change