Samsung's fifth generation smartphone - Galaxy S5 - has been in news for months now with speculations from its release date to specifications hitting the headlines. It is reported that the new smartphone will have a few features that were not seen in the earlier Galaxy series.
Here are five features expected in Samsung Galaxy S5:
1) Multi-Hovering Technology: It is reported that the upcoming smartphone will have multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control features. The technology is is expected to enhance 3D gaming.
2) LPDDR4 DRAM: Samsung Electronics is expected to introduce the next-generation LPDDR4 DRAM in Galaxy S5. The company has announced the advanced low-powered 20 nm (nano meter) based RAM, hinting that it would feature in the upcoming smartphone.
3) Finger-Print Sensor: It was earlier speculated that Galaxy S5 would feature Iris Scanner, but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and instead opted for finger-print sensor.
4) Bigger Screen Display: The new smartphone is expected to sport a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi). It is also reported that it will have 20-megapixel camera with 4K video recording feature.
5) Android KitKat OS: Samsung is expected to introduce new Android v4.4 KitKat OS in the upcoming Galaxy S5. The new smartphone is also expected to feature new TouchWiz UI.
The South Korean electronic giant has not revealed the release date of Galaxy S5 but it is expected to be launched within a couple of months. Tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin, who had rightly predicted Galaxy S4 release date, said that Galaxy S5 would be launched on February 23, a day before the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014. However, Samsung has thrown up confusion after it confirmed that it would give a sneak peek of Tizen devices on the same day (February 23).
Meanwhile, Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business), Lee Young Hee had earlier told Bloomberg that the company plans to launch Galaxy S5 in the month of March or April.
To contact the editor, e-mail: