Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date: 5 Expected Features in Next-Gen Smartphone
By Raymond Ronamai | January 31, 2014 1:43 AM EST
Samsung's fifth generation smartphone - Galaxy S5 - has been in news for months now with speculations from its release date to specifications hitting the headlines. It is reported that the new smartphone will have a few features that were not seen in the earlier Galaxy series.
Here are five features expected in Samsung Galaxy S5:
1) Multi-Hovering Technology: It is reported that the upcoming smartphone will have multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control features. The technology is is expected to enhance 3D gaming.
2) LPDDR4 DRAM: Samsung Electronics is expected to introduce the next-generation LPDDR4 DRAM in Galaxy S5. The company has announced the advanced low-powered 20 nm (nano meter) based RAM, hinting that it would feature in the upcoming smartphone.
3) Finger-Print Sensor: It was earlier speculated that Galaxy S5 would feature Iris Scanner, but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and instead opted for finger-print sensor.
4) Bigger Screen Display: The new smartphone is expected to sport a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi). It is also reported that it will have 20-megapixel camera with 4K video recording feature.
The South Korean electronic giant has not revealed the release date of Galaxy S5 but it is expected to be launched within a couple of months. Tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin, who had rightly predicted Galaxy S4 release date, said that Galaxy S5 would be launched on February 23, a day before the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014. However, Samsung has thrown up confusion after it confirmed that it would give a sneak peek of Tizen devices on the same day (February 23).
Meanwhile, Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business), Lee Young Hee had earlier told Bloomberg that the company plans to launch Galaxy S5 in the month of March or April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced