Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat Update: 5 Things To Expect
By Vanessa Francisco | January 31, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Samsung remains mum about the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update. But thanks to the latest leaks and reports, Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat is indeed coming. According to rumors, Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update release could even come as early as February.
Earlier in January, Samsung has rolled out its first Android 4.4 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The update is now rolling out to owners and generated some controversy. Thanks to a problem that prevented third-party accessories from effectively working with the handset.
Historically, rumors and leaks pointed to Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update being next in line. The South Korean company has not confirmed anything yet but speculations suggested the update is nearby. What can we expect from Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update?
Android 4.4 KitKat may be released in February or March. Currently, Samsung Galaxy S4 owners should feel comfortable waiting for the update to come in February or March. These months look like the release windows for Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update. This was based on the rumors from SamMobile and Android Geeks of the French carrier SFR.
Galaxy S4 owners can also expect Samsung to start the update with global models of the Galaxy S4 before launching it to the carrier-branded and specific models of the device. Samsung updates usually start with unbranded models of international variants and in stages instead of doing it all at once like Apple. This is the exact thing that occured with Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update and many other Samsung updates before it. It is also expected to happen with Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update.
Generally, it is expected Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update will roll out slowly. It is noted Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 updates have started rolling out in October and November 2013. But there still are devices without Android 4.3. It is typical and usually takes several months before the updates are over.
Those who are impatient can now install Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update now. It needs someone who knows how to install and do the official test firmware to do so. It is also available for AT&T Galaxy S4 owners. The update has been leaked three times already.
It is also suggested that it will be an incremental upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S4. There will be UI tweaks, a bump in performance and some Android 4.4 KitKat features, including emoji support.
Galaxy S4 users can expect Android 4.4 KitKat to fix many issues from their Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but definitely not all of them. There will still be issues with Android 4.4 KitKat like connectivity issues and battery problems.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2