Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat Update: 5 Things To Expect
By Vanessa Francisco | January 31, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Samsung remains mum about the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update. But thanks to the latest leaks and reports, Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat is indeed coming. According to rumors, Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update release could even come as early as February.
Earlier in January, Samsung has rolled out its first Android 4.4 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The update is now rolling out to owners and generated some controversy. Thanks to a problem that prevented third-party accessories from effectively working with the handset.
Historically, rumors and leaks pointed to Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update being next in line. The South Korean company has not confirmed anything yet but speculations suggested the update is nearby. What can we expect from Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update?
Android 4.4 KitKat may be released in February or March. Currently, Samsung Galaxy S4 owners should feel comfortable waiting for the update to come in February or March. These months look like the release windows for Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update. This was based on the rumors from SamMobile and Android Geeks of the French carrier SFR.
Galaxy S4 owners can also expect Samsung to start the update with global models of the Galaxy S4 before launching it to the carrier-branded and specific models of the device. Samsung updates usually start with unbranded models of international variants and in stages instead of doing it all at once like Apple. This is the exact thing that occured with Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update and many other Samsung updates before it. It is also expected to happen with Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update.
Generally, it is expected Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update will roll out slowly. It is noted Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 updates have started rolling out in October and November 2013. But there still are devices without Android 4.3. It is typical and usually takes several months before the updates are over.
Those who are impatient can now install Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update now. It needs someone who knows how to install and do the official test firmware to do so. It is also available for AT&T Galaxy S4 owners. The update has been leaked three times already.
It is also suggested that it will be an incremental upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S4. There will be UI tweaks, a bump in performance and some Android 4.4 KitKat features, including emoji support.
Galaxy S4 users can expect Android 4.4 KitKat to fix many issues from their Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but definitely not all of them. There will still be issues with Android 4.4 KitKat like connectivity issues and battery problems.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet