iPad Pro Release Date Soon As AT&T Slashes $200 On iPad Air, iPad Mini
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
iPad mini Retina display Release Date 12 November
AT&T generously offers its clients a $200 discount on cellular iPads when they added another two-year contract to their existing Mobile Share data plan. This is probably one of the best discounts consumers have seen so far for the new iPads.
The deal is a combination of an existing promotion offering $100 off tablets with contract and new promotion that gives $100 bill credits to customers who add a new smartphone or tablet to an existing account.
The 16 GB iPad Mini with Retina Display normally costs $529. But using the promo will bring down the price to $329. The same goes with the 16 GB iPad Air who gets a price cut from $629 to $429.
An AT&T spokesman told MacRumors that the two promotions can be used together. The $100 of the credit will be applied at purchase while the other $100 will appear as a bill credit within three billing cycles. Customers must remain with AT&T for 45 days to receive the bill credit.
Moreover, the promotions are available to all AT&T customers who signed up for Mobile Share plans. The $100 bill credit promotion also applies to iPhone purchases when adding a new line, both on-contract and AT&T's next financing plan. Also, the new bill credit will be available when customers bring their own device. Users who already own an iPhone or cellular iPad can open a new line on a Mobile Share plan and get a $100 bill credit with no contract beyond 45 days.
Another reason iPad Pro may be coming soon is the pressure created by Samsung after it released its upgraded 12-inch tablets.
According to rumors, iPad Pro will pack a screen panel with 4K resolution ditching the usual Retina screen display, which is apt for a huge screen. But there were also reports that Apple is currently testing 2K and 4K displays suggesting the iPad Pro will come in two variants with different screens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues