Android 4.4 on HTC One to be Delayed, Says HTC
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America said in a post on the official website that the mission to push KitKat into HTC One for US and Canada customers within the stipulated 90 days of the software's release will be delayed by one or two weeks.
He also shared that the software is presently undergoing certification phase with all the four carrier partners in North America. He also confirmed that the carrier partners share the same enthusiasm as the company in getting Android 4.4. into HTC One devices.
"That said, the software development process does not always follow a linear path and we know today that we will miss our self-imposed target. The good news is that we won't miss by much as, it shouldn't be more than one to two weeks to complete each of the carrier versions of the HTC One," he said in the post.
However, Android 4.4 KitKat update has already started arriving in Europe for HTC One reported IBTimes. HTC One users from Latvia, Finland, Norway, Romania, the Czech Republic, Russia and Spain have reported that the update is being delivered to their devices.
The update weighs 308MB and will have features and improvements like security enhancements, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles, immersive mode, full emoji keyboard, messages/Google handout integration and others.
The report also noted that support for Adobe Flash in HTC's Web browser has been removed as it will not be compatible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS