Android 4.4 on HTC One to be Delayed, Says HTC
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America said in a post on the official website that the mission to push KitKat into HTC One for US and Canada customers within the stipulated 90 days of the software's release will be delayed by one or two weeks.
He also shared that the software is presently undergoing certification phase with all the four carrier partners in North America. He also confirmed that the carrier partners share the same enthusiasm as the company in getting Android 4.4. into HTC One devices.
"That said, the software development process does not always follow a linear path and we know today that we will miss our self-imposed target. The good news is that we won't miss by much as, it shouldn't be more than one to two weeks to complete each of the carrier versions of the HTC One," he said in the post.
However, Android 4.4 KitKat update has already started arriving in Europe for HTC One reported IBTimes. HTC One users from Latvia, Finland, Norway, Romania, the Czech Republic, Russia and Spain have reported that the update is being delivered to their devices.
The update weighs 308MB and will have features and improvements like security enhancements, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles, immersive mode, full emoji keyboard, messages/Google handout integration and others.
The report also noted that support for Adobe Flash in HTC's Web browser has been removed as it will not be compatible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar