Android 4.4 on HTC One to be Delayed, Says HTC
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America said in a post on the official website that the mission to push KitKat into HTC One for US and Canada customers within the stipulated 90 days of the software's release will be delayed by one or two weeks.
He also shared that the software is presently undergoing certification phase with all the four carrier partners in North America. He also confirmed that the carrier partners share the same enthusiasm as the company in getting Android 4.4. into HTC One devices.
"That said, the software development process does not always follow a linear path and we know today that we will miss our self-imposed target. The good news is that we won't miss by much as, it shouldn't be more than one to two weeks to complete each of the carrier versions of the HTC One," he said in the post.
However, Android 4.4 KitKat update has already started arriving in Europe for HTC One reported IBTimes. HTC One users from Latvia, Finland, Norway, Romania, the Czech Republic, Russia and Spain have reported that the update is being delivered to their devices.
The update weighs 308MB and will have features and improvements like security enhancements, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles, immersive mode, full emoji keyboard, messages/Google handout integration and others.
The report also noted that support for Adobe Flash in HTC's Web browser has been removed as it will not be compatible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales