Android 4.4 on HTC One to be Delayed, Says HTC
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America said in a post on the official website that the mission to push KitKat into HTC One for US and Canada customers within the stipulated 90 days of the software's release will be delayed by one or two weeks.
He also shared that the software is presently undergoing certification phase with all the four carrier partners in North America. He also confirmed that the carrier partners share the same enthusiasm as the company in getting Android 4.4. into HTC One devices.
"That said, the software development process does not always follow a linear path and we know today that we will miss our self-imposed target. The good news is that we won't miss by much as, it shouldn't be more than one to two weeks to complete each of the carrier versions of the HTC One," he said in the post.
However, Android 4.4 KitKat update has already started arriving in Europe for HTC One reported IBTimes. HTC One users from Latvia, Finland, Norway, Romania, the Czech Republic, Russia and Spain have reported that the update is being delivered to their devices.
The update weighs 308MB and will have features and improvements like security enhancements, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles, immersive mode, full emoji keyboard, messages/Google handout integration and others.
The report also noted that support for Adobe Flash in HTC's Web browser has been removed as it will not be compatible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date