Android 4.4 on HTC One to be Delayed, Says HTC
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America said in a post on the official website that the mission to push KitKat into HTC One for US and Canada customers within the stipulated 90 days of the software's release will be delayed by one or two weeks.
He also shared that the software is presently undergoing certification phase with all the four carrier partners in North America. He also confirmed that the carrier partners share the same enthusiasm as the company in getting Android 4.4. into HTC One devices.
"That said, the software development process does not always follow a linear path and we know today that we will miss our self-imposed target. The good news is that we won't miss by much as, it shouldn't be more than one to two weeks to complete each of the carrier versions of the HTC One," he said in the post.
However, Android 4.4 KitKat update has already started arriving in Europe for HTC One reported IBTimes. HTC One users from Latvia, Finland, Norway, Romania, the Czech Republic, Russia and Spain have reported that the update is being delivered to their devices.
The update weighs 308MB and will have features and improvements like security enhancements, cloud print service, new Bluetooth profiles, immersive mode, full emoji keyboard, messages/Google handout integration and others.
The report also noted that support for Adobe Flash in HTC's Web browser has been removed as it will not be compatible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?