Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition to Kick Off in Mid-February
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 9:27 PM EST
The Pokemon Company has announced that players will be able to test their battling skills in Pokemons of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y in an online beta competition that will be held in February. The tournament has also permitted Pokemon from the new Kalos-region.
Pokemon X and Y was released on 12 October. (pokemonxy)
The competition will begin on 21 February at 00:00:00 UTC and is open to trainers from around the world and with different skill levels, said Pokemon Company in a post.
Many trainers have already been qualified for tournament after they earned higher rankings in the Global Showdowns and getting themselves registered in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game to their existing PGL accounts. The post also said there is room for more participants. Players who wish to register should visit the PGL for more information. The post also warns of limited space in this special competition.
Meanwhile, Pokemon X and Y will be undergoing extended maintenance next week, thus affecting its online functionality, said Nintendo.
Pokemon X and Y will be taken down from service for nearly eight hours, reportedly on 4 February (some regions might get it on 3 February). Though the specifics are not yet known, the game is expected to be taken down between these hours, reported Cubed3:
- Europe: 1AM to 9AM
- UK: 12AM to 8AM
- USA (East Coast): 7PM Monday to 3AM Tuesday
- USA (West Coast): 4PM Monday to 12AM Tuesday
- Japan : 9AM to 5PM
Nintendo has had its success with its Pokemon set of games which made sales of more than 11 million copies worldwide. The exact figures stood at 11.68 million copies of the popular game, according to latest financial reports.
The company had 1.85 million copies of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, its second best 3DS game, in the US and Europe, reported Just Push Start.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS