Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition to Kick Off in Mid-February
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 9:27 PM EST
The Pokemon Company has announced that players will be able to test their battling skills in Pokemons of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y in an online beta competition that will be held in February. The tournament has also permitted Pokemon from the new Kalos-region.
Pokemon X and Y was released on 12 October. (pokemonxy)
The competition will begin on 21 February at 00:00:00 UTC and is open to trainers from around the world and with different skill levels, said Pokemon Company in a post.
Many trainers have already been qualified for tournament after they earned higher rankings in the Global Showdowns and getting themselves registered in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game to their existing PGL accounts. The post also said there is room for more participants. Players who wish to register should visit the PGL for more information. The post also warns of limited space in this special competition.
Meanwhile, Pokemon X and Y will be undergoing extended maintenance next week, thus affecting its online functionality, said Nintendo.
Pokemon X and Y will be taken down from service for nearly eight hours, reportedly on 4 February (some regions might get it on 3 February). Though the specifics are not yet known, the game is expected to be taken down between these hours, reported Cubed3:
- Europe: 1AM to 9AM
- UK: 12AM to 8AM
- USA (East Coast): 7PM Monday to 3AM Tuesday
- USA (West Coast): 4PM Monday to 12AM Tuesday
- Japan : 9AM to 5PM
Nintendo has had its success with its Pokemon set of games which made sales of more than 11 million copies worldwide. The exact figures stood at 11.68 million copies of the popular game, according to latest financial reports.
The company had 1.85 million copies of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, its second best 3DS game, in the US and Europe, reported Just Push Start.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time