Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition to Kick Off in Mid-February
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 9:27 PM EST
The Pokemon Company has announced that players will be able to test their battling skills in Pokemons of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y in an online beta competition that will be held in February. The tournament has also permitted Pokemon from the new Kalos-region.
Pokemon X and Y was released on 12 October. (pokemonxy)
The competition will begin on 21 February at 00:00:00 UTC and is open to trainers from around the world and with different skill levels, said Pokemon Company in a post.
Many trainers have already been qualified for tournament after they earned higher rankings in the Global Showdowns and getting themselves registered in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game to their existing PGL accounts. The post also said there is room for more participants. Players who wish to register should visit the PGL for more information. The post also warns of limited space in this special competition.
Meanwhile, Pokemon X and Y will be undergoing extended maintenance next week, thus affecting its online functionality, said Nintendo.
Pokemon X and Y will be taken down from service for nearly eight hours, reportedly on 4 February (some regions might get it on 3 February). Though the specifics are not yet known, the game is expected to be taken down between these hours, reported Cubed3:
- Europe: 1AM to 9AM
- UK: 12AM to 8AM
- USA (East Coast): 7PM Monday to 3AM Tuesday
- USA (West Coast): 4PM Monday to 12AM Tuesday
- Japan : 9AM to 5PM
Nintendo has had its success with its Pokemon set of games which made sales of more than 11 million copies worldwide. The exact figures stood at 11.68 million copies of the popular game, according to latest financial reports.
The company had 1.85 million copies of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, its second best 3DS game, in the US and Europe, reported Just Push Start.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone