Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition to Kick Off in Mid-February
By Aditya Bhat | January 30, 2014 9:27 PM EST
The Pokemon Company has announced that players will be able to test their battling skills in Pokemons of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y in an online beta competition that will be held in February. The tournament has also permitted Pokemon from the new Kalos-region.
Pokemon X and Y was released on 12 October. (pokemonxy)
The competition will begin on 21 February at 00:00:00 UTC and is open to trainers from around the world and with different skill levels, said Pokemon Company in a post.
Many trainers have already been qualified for tournament after they earned higher rankings in the Global Showdowns and getting themselves registered in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game to their existing PGL accounts. The post also said there is room for more participants. Players who wish to register should visit the PGL for more information. The post also warns of limited space in this special competition.
Meanwhile, Pokemon X and Y will be undergoing extended maintenance next week, thus affecting its online functionality, said Nintendo.
Pokemon X and Y will be taken down from service for nearly eight hours, reportedly on 4 February (some regions might get it on 3 February). Though the specifics are not yet known, the game is expected to be taken down between these hours, reported Cubed3:
- Europe: 1AM to 9AM
- UK: 12AM to 8AM
- USA (East Coast): 7PM Monday to 3AM Tuesday
- USA (West Coast): 4PM Monday to 12AM Tuesday
- Japan : 9AM to 5PM
Nintendo has had its success with its Pokemon set of games which made sales of more than 11 million copies worldwide. The exact figures stood at 11.68 million copies of the popular game, according to latest financial reports.
The company had 1.85 million copies of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, its second best 3DS game, in the US and Europe, reported Just Push Start.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar