#InAParallelUniverse: Twitter Buzzes of ‘Parallel Universe’ where Zebras Cross ‘Human Crossing’ and Cheese Say ‘People’ while Taking Pics
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | January 30, 2014 8:37 PM EST
Can you image another universe where everything is in contradiction to our very own world? For example, a guest panelist which doesn't allow famed news anchor Arnab Goswami to speak, or a conflict among gods on the existence of humans.
Twitter pic where Zebra is crossing a 'human crossing'
Wit, irony, humour and a dose of laughter, call it what you may but Twitter can give it to you faster than you can imagine. Besides drawing one's attention to social causes, the micro-blogging site has also become a digging ground through which a paradoxical existence of a world is discovered.
It will indeed be a parallel universe where phones would carry 'SmartHumans' with themselves, time would log onto Twitter to waste humans or that a micro-blogging site called Twitter does not actually exist.
But as it is, Twitter does exist for the moment and so does an ironic hastag called #InAParallelUniverse, where people are posting some of most interesting tweets in the history of social media. Let's take a look at the top 20 of them:
Lol "TopComedyy: #InAParallelUniverse pic.twitter.com/oWlOGoiLi7" — Mimi (@GN_MGayoung) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse the guest panelists don't allow Arnab to speak. — Keh Ke Peheno(in 3D) (@coolfunnytshirt) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Manomohan Singh is a Radio Jockey — Keede dé Bhide (@bizzarebhide) January 30, 2014
OH MY GOD !! Ok #inaparallelUniverse pic.twitter.com/mB4KiCnrvr — Read Eat Fangirl (@FleurLyxox) May 23, 2013
#InAParallelUniverse Rihanna wud beat the crap outta Chris Brown, she wud apologize&promise to change. Chris wud say aww sure I'll comeback — Sadya Sid (@maverika) March 22, 2013
#InAParallelUniverse people protest against straight marriage
#InAParallelUniverse Samsung doesn't have the whole galaxy — aditya mahajan (@adilicious666) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Rahul Gandhi is actually a 'youth' icon!
— Rajeev N. Verma (@Rajeev_NV) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse People love people and use things. — Disha (@CynicVall) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Only the rapists are blamed and not the victims.
— Viren Chande (@TryinToNotThinK) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Neil Nitin Mukesh wud have only 1 name — 71dejavu (@moinaksg) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Salman gets jail. Not for killing black buck but for making Jai Ho.
— Donald Duck (@WatDaDuck_) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Rahul Gandhi is sleeping on the streets and Arvind Kejriwal inside 7 race course — Dr_Hemant (@Sai_Ki_Artist) January 30, 2014
#InAParallelUniverse Manmohan Singh won first competition in extempore and debate competition. :p
— Nikita Mantri (@MantriNikita) January 30, 2014
And the Rajnikanth Award goes to *Oscar* #InAParallelUniverse — Nikita Mantri (@MantriNikita) January 30, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List