Maruti Suzuki Celerio’s Official Brochure Surfaces Online Ahead of Launch; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | January 30, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Maurti Suzuki's upcoming Celerio has already positioned itself in India's auto market. Details of the vehicle, which is slated for a launch on 6 February, have been revealed through a brochure which surfaced online.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is being reflected on a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat October 30, 2012.
According to the folks at Autos Arena which had a look at the leaked brochure, the Celerio which is likely to mark the end of Estillo in India comes in six variants which include LXi, VXi, ZXi, LXi Auto Gear Shift, VXi Auto Gear Shift and ZXi Auto Gear Shift.
(Click here to see the brochure )
Designed as the A:Wind concept car, the upcoming Celerio measures 3600mm in length, 1600mm in width, 1560mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2425mm. Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The model is the first vehicle in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), dubbed Celerio EZ Drive, which gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual modes. The company claims that the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre.
The LXi variant of Ceerio features Manual AC, Power Steering, Tachometer (AMT) and gear-position indicator (AMT), while VXi has power windows and Central Locking System in addition to the slew of features offered in the LXi model. The top variant, ZXi, houses a number of additional premium features like audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, tilt steering, foglamps (AMT), ABS (AMT) and alloy wheels (AMT).
Previous reports suggest that the next small car offering from Maruti will come with rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity. The Celerio, which already made its way to showrooms, will be pitted against Hyundai's Grandi10 and Honda's Brio in the domestic market.
Reports suggest that the company will price its latest offering competitively in the market. It was earlier speculated that the manual versions of Celerio are likely to be priced ₹3.9 lakh onwards, while the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range. If the reports ring true, Celerio will be the cheapest automatic offering in the country.
The Celerio will also join Maruti's gazebo at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and is expected to replace A Star and Zen Estillo models. Dealers across the country have commenced bookings for Celerio and deliveries will begin at the end of February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports