Maruti Suzuki Celerio’s Official Brochure Surfaces Online Ahead of Launch; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | January 30, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Maurti Suzuki's upcoming Celerio has already positioned itself in India's auto market. Details of the vehicle, which is slated for a launch on 6 February, have been revealed through a brochure which surfaced online.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is being reflected on a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat October 30, 2012.
According to the folks at Autos Arena which had a look at the leaked brochure, the Celerio which is likely to mark the end of Estillo in India comes in six variants which include LXi, VXi, ZXi, LXi Auto Gear Shift, VXi Auto Gear Shift and ZXi Auto Gear Shift.
(Click here to see the brochure )
Designed as the A:Wind concept car, the upcoming Celerio measures 3600mm in length, 1600mm in width, 1560mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2425mm. Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The model is the first vehicle in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), dubbed Celerio EZ Drive, which gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual modes. The company claims that the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre.
The LXi variant of Ceerio features Manual AC, Power Steering, Tachometer (AMT) and gear-position indicator (AMT), while VXi has power windows and Central Locking System in addition to the slew of features offered in the LXi model. The top variant, ZXi, houses a number of additional premium features like audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, tilt steering, foglamps (AMT), ABS (AMT) and alloy wheels (AMT).
Previous reports suggest that the next small car offering from Maruti will come with rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity. The Celerio, which already made its way to showrooms, will be pitted against Hyundai's Grandi10 and Honda's Brio in the domestic market.
Reports suggest that the company will price its latest offering competitively in the market. It was earlier speculated that the manual versions of Celerio are likely to be priced ₹3.9 lakh onwards, while the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range. If the reports ring true, Celerio will be the cheapest automatic offering in the country.
The Celerio will also join Maruti's gazebo at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and is expected to replace A Star and Zen Estillo models. Dealers across the country have commenced bookings for Celerio and deliveries will begin at the end of February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers