iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5s: Specs Comparison, Release and What to Expect
By Precious Silva | January 30, 2014 7:51 PM EST
With the success of the iPhone 5s, the market has been buzzing about the iPhone 6. According to reports, Apple will be releasing a new flagship phone this 2014, the iPhone 6. Analysts and different sources alike have been tracing the company's history predicting what the company could be doing next. The next best comparison for the iPhone 6 is the iPhone 5s. What can people expect from the new flagship based on the existing smartphone?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
Based from history, Apple has been playing around June, September and October for its phone releases. The following release dates are as follows:
- iPhone 1st gen June, 2007
- iPhone 3G July, 2008
- iPhone 3GS June, 2009
- iPhone 4 June, 2010
- iPhone 4s October, 2011
- iPhone 5 September, 2012
- iPhone 5s/5c September, 2013
While history says Apple has stuck to September and October for the last couple of years, analysts have a feeling that the company is planning on a surprise release. According to reports, Apple "might just shake things up" doing thins unconventionally. It did so with the fourth-generation iPad. Apple veering away from its track record is a possibility.
iPhone 6 with a 4.8-inch screen'
According to a report document by Timothy Acuri, Cowen and Company's managing director, his sources confirmed that Apple is working on a 4.8-inch screen. The screen size is a locked down. This means that the 4.8-inch iPhone 6 will be offering 1136 x 640 pixel resolution. Analyst says that users should not panic. There is a slim chance Apple will leave its incredibly successful theory that people want handsets with compact screens suitable for hand use. The 4.8-inch screen may be a sizing option for the iPhone 6.
The iPhone 5s featured a 4-inch display with 1136 x 640 resolution and pixel density of 326ppi. The screen of the iPhone 5s also featured LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors.
iPhone 6 and NFC
Previously, consumers expressed wanting to see the NFC on the iPhone series. It turned out to be wishful thinking. This time, it seems several sources claim that Apple will be including an NFC chip on the upcoming flagship. The iPhone 5s did not support NFC like other smartphones.
According to recent reports, the iPhone 6 may feature a sapphire screen that can charge the device through light. Some analysts still think this is a far fetched prediction. The sapphire screen will work like a solar charging screen. The iPhone 5s did not have any wireless charging or solar charging capacities yet. It would be best for people to wait for Apple's official announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James