Justin Bieber to be Deported to Canada?
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The 19-year old Canadian pop star is said to face the threat of a deportation should the government of the United States decide to do so in response to the petition of almost 50,000 people. According to reports, the pop star can be deported back to his home country, Canada, should the petition reach a total of 100,000 signatures. The official We the People petition asks for the White House to permanently deport Justin Bieber back to his home country on the grounds of his drug abusive, dangerous and destructive behavior. Moreover, the petitioners claim that the pop singer is a very terrible influence to the nation's youth.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
A same kind of petition against a famous personality, Piers Morgan was filed but did not come into fruition. Piers Morgan is still living in Beverly Hills. Following the same logic, it would be very unlikely for the "Beauty and a Beat" singer to be chucked out of the United States since the grounds for deportation are very weak. In addition, the Canadian pop star must instead have done something of a very severe nature, something such as murder or other felony to get kicked out of the US.
Bieber has his fair share of run ins with the law after being arrested in Miami late this week for driving a Lamborghini under influence. He was with his new girl Chantel Jerries when the incident happened. He is to be arraigned on Valentine's day. Late this month, the singer also had to face police charges for his apparent involvement in an egg-pelting incident.
However, the deportation case can still push through should the president of the United States, Barack Obama, make the decision itself. It would be unlikely for the president to pen such motion again, since the Canadian star had already performed for the first family, where it is said that Natasha and Malia are both fans of the singer.
The Canadian pop star is said to be eyeing more secluded places for a new home, after falling out with his neighbors over his alleged involvement in the egg-pelting incident. He expressed his liking for Santa Barbara as his next destination.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers