Justin Bieber to be Deported to Canada?
By charmaine corne clutton | January 30, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The 19-year old Canadian pop star is said to face the threat of a deportation should the government of the United States decide to do so in response to the petition of almost 50,000 people. According to reports, the pop star can be deported back to his home country, Canada, should the petition reach a total of 100,000 signatures. The official We the People petition asks for the White House to permanently deport Justin Bieber back to his home country on the grounds of his drug abusive, dangerous and destructive behavior. Moreover, the petitioners claim that the pop singer is a very terrible influence to the nation's youth.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
A same kind of petition against a famous personality, Piers Morgan was filed but did not come into fruition. Piers Morgan is still living in Beverly Hills. Following the same logic, it would be very unlikely for the "Beauty and a Beat" singer to be chucked out of the United States since the grounds for deportation are very weak. In addition, the Canadian pop star must instead have done something of a very severe nature, something such as murder or other felony to get kicked out of the US.
Bieber has his fair share of run ins with the law after being arrested in Miami late this week for driving a Lamborghini under influence. He was with his new girl Chantel Jerries when the incident happened. He is to be arraigned on Valentine's day. Late this month, the singer also had to face police charges for his apparent involvement in an egg-pelting incident.
However, the deportation case can still push through should the president of the United States, Barack Obama, make the decision itself. It would be unlikely for the president to pen such motion again, since the Canadian star had already performed for the first family, where it is said that Natasha and Malia are both fans of the singer.
The Canadian pop star is said to be eyeing more secluded places for a new home, after falling out with his neighbors over his alleged involvement in the egg-pelting incident. He expressed his liking for Santa Barbara as his next destination.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]