Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Nokia has been rolling out the latest Lumia Black update for the Windows Phone handsets like the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 625. Now, the most recent device to receive the new Nokia update is the Nokia Lumia 520, the most popular and low-priced Lumia handset.
The Phones Review report confirms that the Finnish company's new update will also be available for the Nokia Lumia 720 smartphone. The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has initially tested the Lumia Black update on the devices with 512MB of RAM like the Nokia Lumia 625 smartphone before rolling out to the Nokia Lumia 520.
Smartphone owners are recommended to manually check if the latest Nokia update is available on their Lumia 520 by now going to "Settings" and then "Phone Update." However, the GSMArena report claims the update is still listed in several carries as "Pending review."
The Nokia Lumia 520 Black update will offer the Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, a screen rotation lock and the ability to close apps from the switcher menu. Additionally, the Lumia Black update offers the Nokia Storyteller and Driving Mode. The Nokia Camera app is already included in the Nokia Lumia 520 but other features like the Nokia Refocus, Glance Screen and Nokia Beamer will not function on the Windows Phone handset since it only has 512MB and 1GB of RAM is required for the mention features to work.
The Know Your Mobile report holds out for a Nokia Lumia 520 reboot with the 1GB of RAM this 2014 in order to experience the impressive Nokia features. The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device boasts with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display having 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512MB of RAM.
Other features and specs include the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery, 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64GB through the available microSD card slot, 5MP rear-facing camera, Adreno 305 GPU and the HERE navigation suite of applications available. Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone colour options of yellow, red, cyan, white and black.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales