Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Nokia has been rolling out the latest Lumia Black update for the Windows Phone handsets like the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 625. Now, the most recent device to receive the new Nokia update is the Nokia Lumia 520, the most popular and low-priced Lumia handset.
The Phones Review report confirms that the Finnish company's new update will also be available for the Nokia Lumia 720 smartphone. The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has initially tested the Lumia Black update on the devices with 512MB of RAM like the Nokia Lumia 625 smartphone before rolling out to the Nokia Lumia 520.
Smartphone owners are recommended to manually check if the latest Nokia update is available on their Lumia 520 by now going to "Settings" and then "Phone Update." However, the GSMArena report claims the update is still listed in several carries as "Pending review."
The Nokia Lumia 520 Black update will offer the Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, a screen rotation lock and the ability to close apps from the switcher menu. Additionally, the Lumia Black update offers the Nokia Storyteller and Driving Mode. The Nokia Camera app is already included in the Nokia Lumia 520 but other features like the Nokia Refocus, Glance Screen and Nokia Beamer will not function on the Windows Phone handset since it only has 512MB and 1GB of RAM is required for the mention features to work.
The Know Your Mobile report holds out for a Nokia Lumia 520 reboot with the 1GB of RAM this 2014 in order to experience the impressive Nokia features. The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device boasts with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display having 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512MB of RAM.
Other features and specs include the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery, 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64GB through the available microSD card slot, 5MP rear-facing camera, Adreno 305 GPU and the HERE navigation suite of applications available. Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone colour options of yellow, red, cyan, white and black.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date