Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Nokia has been rolling out the latest Lumia Black update for the Windows Phone handsets like the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 625. Now, the most recent device to receive the new Nokia update is the Nokia Lumia 520, the most popular and low-priced Lumia handset.
The Phones Review report confirms that the Finnish company's new update will also be available for the Nokia Lumia 720 smartphone. The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has initially tested the Lumia Black update on the devices with 512MB of RAM like the Nokia Lumia 625 smartphone before rolling out to the Nokia Lumia 520.
Smartphone owners are recommended to manually check if the latest Nokia update is available on their Lumia 520 by now going to "Settings" and then "Phone Update." However, the GSMArena report claims the update is still listed in several carries as "Pending review."
The Nokia Lumia 520 Black update will offer the Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, a screen rotation lock and the ability to close apps from the switcher menu. Additionally, the Lumia Black update offers the Nokia Storyteller and Driving Mode. The Nokia Camera app is already included in the Nokia Lumia 520 but other features like the Nokia Refocus, Glance Screen and Nokia Beamer will not function on the Windows Phone handset since it only has 512MB and 1GB of RAM is required for the mention features to work.
The Know Your Mobile report holds out for a Nokia Lumia 520 reboot with the 1GB of RAM this 2014 in order to experience the impressive Nokia features. The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device boasts with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display having 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512MB of RAM.
Other features and specs include the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery, 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64GB through the available microSD card slot, 5MP rear-facing camera, Adreno 305 GPU and the HERE navigation suite of applications available. Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone colour options of yellow, red, cyan, white and black.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS