Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Nokia has been rolling out the latest Lumia Black update for the Windows Phone handsets like the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 625. Now, the most recent device to receive the new Nokia update is the Nokia Lumia 520, the most popular and low-priced Lumia handset.
The Phones Review report confirms that the Finnish company's new update will also be available for the Nokia Lumia 720 smartphone. The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has initially tested the Lumia Black update on the devices with 512MB of RAM like the Nokia Lumia 625 smartphone before rolling out to the Nokia Lumia 520.
Smartphone owners are recommended to manually check if the latest Nokia update is available on their Lumia 520 by now going to "Settings" and then "Phone Update." However, the GSMArena report claims the update is still listed in several carries as "Pending review."
The Nokia Lumia 520 Black update will offer the Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, a screen rotation lock and the ability to close apps from the switcher menu. Additionally, the Lumia Black update offers the Nokia Storyteller and Driving Mode. The Nokia Camera app is already included in the Nokia Lumia 520 but other features like the Nokia Refocus, Glance Screen and Nokia Beamer will not function on the Windows Phone handset since it only has 512MB and 1GB of RAM is required for the mention features to work.
The Know Your Mobile report holds out for a Nokia Lumia 520 reboot with the 1GB of RAM this 2014 in order to experience the impressive Nokia features. The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device boasts with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display having 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512MB of RAM.
Other features and specs include the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery, 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64GB through the available microSD card slot, 5MP rear-facing camera, Adreno 305 GPU and the HERE navigation suite of applications available. Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone colour options of yellow, red, cyan, white and black.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members