Truth Behind Austin Mahone and Selena Gomez Dating Claims: Are They Just Friends?
By Sonalee singh | January 30, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Good news for "Jelena" fans. In a recent turn of events, it has been revealed that Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone are not an item. Contrary to reports by US Weekly, Austin Mahone told the People's magazine that he and Selena are just friends and nothing is brewing between them.
"We're just friends," said Mahone to the magazine on Wednesday, adding, "She's really cool. I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out."
The rumor mill went abuzz yesterday night when sources revealed to US Weekly magazine that Selena has been leaning on Austin. In addition, the couple was seen leaving a concert together.
"They're seeing each other," says a source close to "What About Love" singer to the magazine. Another source claimed that the new couple even hung out together at the Beats Music concert in Los Angeles on Jan. 24 and left in the same car. However, a source told People's magazine that Selena and Austin are not dating.
"Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," said the source.
Selena and Austin Mahone dating rumors have come just a few weeks after Justin Bieber and Chantel Jefferies dating rumors went rampant. If the rumors are true then Justin and Selena have seemed to move on from each other. The ex-couple did try to mend their relationship at the onset of 2014 but reportedly things did not work out between the two.
Meanwhile, Justin took Chantel Jefferies to Panama on a vacation and Selena Gomez was allegedly in tears after knowing about Justin's new love interest. The grapevine has it that Gomez was crying during a dinner with her good friend Vanessa Hudgens at Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles on Jan 24.
"She was crying over Justin and him being with Chantel," says an alleged eyewitness to HollywoodLife.com. "Vanessa was comforting her, hugging her, and telling her to 'forget about him."
So do you think Selena has taken Vanessa's advice and has forgotten about Justin? Let us know what you think about the new rumored couples Selena-Austin and Justin-Chantel?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate