Truth Behind Austin Mahone and Selena Gomez Dating Claims: Are They Just Friends?
By Sonalee singh | January 30, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Good news for "Jelena" fans. In a recent turn of events, it has been revealed that Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone are not an item. Contrary to reports by US Weekly, Austin Mahone told the People's magazine that he and Selena are just friends and nothing is brewing between them.
"We're just friends," said Mahone to the magazine on Wednesday, adding, "She's really cool. I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out."
The rumor mill went abuzz yesterday night when sources revealed to US Weekly magazine that Selena has been leaning on Austin. In addition, the couple was seen leaving a concert together.
"They're seeing each other," says a source close to "What About Love" singer to the magazine. Another source claimed that the new couple even hung out together at the Beats Music concert in Los Angeles on Jan. 24 and left in the same car. However, a source told People's magazine that Selena and Austin are not dating.
"Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," said the source.
Selena and Austin Mahone dating rumors have come just a few weeks after Justin Bieber and Chantel Jefferies dating rumors went rampant. If the rumors are true then Justin and Selena have seemed to move on from each other. The ex-couple did try to mend their relationship at the onset of 2014 but reportedly things did not work out between the two.
Meanwhile, Justin took Chantel Jefferies to Panama on a vacation and Selena Gomez was allegedly in tears after knowing about Justin's new love interest. The grapevine has it that Gomez was crying during a dinner with her good friend Vanessa Hudgens at Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles on Jan 24.
"She was crying over Justin and him being with Chantel," says an alleged eyewitness to HollywoodLife.com. "Vanessa was comforting her, hugging her, and telling her to 'forget about him."
So do you think Selena has taken Vanessa's advice and has forgotten about Justin? Let us know what you think about the new rumored couples Selena-Austin and Justin-Chantel?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales