Volkswagen Hikes Polo, Vento Prices in India
By greeshma m | January 30, 2014 5:53 PM EST
The logo of German carmaker Volkswagen is seen at a VW dealership in Hamburg, October 28, 2013. Volkswagen is due to present company results on Wednesday. REUTERS/Fabian Bimmer
The price hike of up to ₹22,700 for Polo and up to ₹26,800 for Vento will take affect on 1 February onwards. The currency fluctuations and rising input costs are said to be deciding factors for Volkswagen to hikes its vehicle prices.
Volkswagen Group Sales India Managing Director (Volkswagen Passenger Cars) Arvind Saxena said, "Input costs have steadily increased over the last few months, and exchange rate movements have not been favourable. We have tried our best to absorb some of these, but in order to be able to continue to offer best-in-class quality and technology to our customers, we have now announced a 2.7 per cent hike in our car prices," reported PTI.
Currently, the Polo hatchback is priced between ₹5.01 lakh and ₹7.21 lakh, while the Vento falls in the price range of ₹7.34 to ₹9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company also said that all Polo variants will get dual front airbags as standard fittings along with the anti-lock brakes (ABS) on the 'Comfortline' trim of the Volkswagen Polo.
"We are proud to be leading the cause of driver safety, and we believe the introduction of airbags as standard fitment across all variants of the Polo is a major step forward in the context of safety. Once again, this step underlines our commitment to producing better cars - and better-equipped cars - for the discerning Indian consumer," Saxena added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares