Salman Khan Thanks Fans for ‘Jai Ho’ on Twitter
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 30, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Superstar Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" may have had a slow start, but the actor has expressed his gratitude to fans for watching the film, which is slowly gaining momentum.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
"Jai Ho", released on 24 January, saw a shockingly low opening of about ₹17 crore, as compared to Salman's prior releases like "Ek Tha Tiger", "Bodygaurd" and "Dabangg". Despite a weak start, the film has now raked in ₹100 crore globally.
The 48-year-old took this opportunity to thank his massive fan base on Wednesday via Twitter.
Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it , I totally appreciate it guys . U been wonderful . God bless .
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) January 29, 2014
The domestic collections of the “Jai Ho” however stood around ₹78 crore (Taran Adrash’s figure) and a good push would be required to reach the ₹100 crore mark by the end of the film’s first week.
With the movie’s rough collection pace, it appears that the superstar’s fans are finding it difficult to accept him in a new image. No doubt the film offers the routine set of action sequences, but the humane face of the larger-than-life star is something that hasn’t been seen before.
Salman recently at an event had taken the blame for the film’s low collections. “Perhaps I have failed in bringing in the people. We tried to do something different and may be people did not want to see the film as they expected to see a 'Dabangg', 'Bodyguard' kind of a film. They wanted to enjoy. Some people understood that this is not that kind of film and that it is a serious film," PTI quoted the star.
“We are also confused with the reaction we are getting from theatres and the collections are not matching up. It is strange combination,” he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid