Salman Khan Thanks Fans for ‘Jai Ho’ on Twitter
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 30, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Superstar Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" may have had a slow start, but the actor has expressed his gratitude to fans for watching the film, which is slowly gaining momentum.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
"Jai Ho", released on 24 January, saw a shockingly low opening of about ₹17 crore, as compared to Salman's prior releases like "Ek Tha Tiger", "Bodygaurd" and "Dabangg". Despite a weak start, the film has now raked in ₹100 crore globally.
The 48-year-old took this opportunity to thank his massive fan base on Wednesday via Twitter.
Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it , I totally appreciate it guys . U been wonderful . God bless .
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) January 29, 2014
The domestic collections of the “Jai Ho” however stood around ₹78 crore (Taran Adrash’s figure) and a good push would be required to reach the ₹100 crore mark by the end of the film’s first week.
With the movie’s rough collection pace, it appears that the superstar’s fans are finding it difficult to accept him in a new image. No doubt the film offers the routine set of action sequences, but the humane face of the larger-than-life star is something that hasn’t been seen before.
Salman recently at an event had taken the blame for the film’s low collections. “Perhaps I have failed in bringing in the people. We tried to do something different and may be people did not want to see the film as they expected to see a 'Dabangg', 'Bodyguard' kind of a film. They wanted to enjoy. Some people understood that this is not that kind of film and that it is a serious film," PTI quoted the star.
“We are also confused with the reaction we are getting from theatres and the collections are not matching up. It is strange combination,” he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal