Salman Khan Thanks Fans for ‘Jai Ho’ on Twitter
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 30, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Superstar Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" may have had a slow start, but the actor has expressed his gratitude to fans for watching the film, which is slowly gaining momentum.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
"Jai Ho", released on 24 January, saw a shockingly low opening of about ₹17 crore, as compared to Salman's prior releases like "Ek Tha Tiger", "Bodygaurd" and "Dabangg". Despite a weak start, the film has now raked in ₹100 crore globally.
The 48-year-old took this opportunity to thank his massive fan base on Wednesday via Twitter.
Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it , I totally appreciate it guys . U been wonderful . God bless .
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) January 29, 2014
The domestic collections of the “Jai Ho” however stood around ₹78 crore (Taran Adrash’s figure) and a good push would be required to reach the ₹100 crore mark by the end of the film’s first week.
With the movie’s rough collection pace, it appears that the superstar’s fans are finding it difficult to accept him in a new image. No doubt the film offers the routine set of action sequences, but the humane face of the larger-than-life star is something that hasn’t been seen before.
Salman recently at an event had taken the blame for the film’s low collections. “Perhaps I have failed in bringing in the people. We tried to do something different and may be people did not want to see the film as they expected to see a 'Dabangg', 'Bodyguard' kind of a film. They wanted to enjoy. Some people understood that this is not that kind of film and that it is a serious film," PTI quoted the star.
“We are also confused with the reaction we are getting from theatres and the collections are not matching up. It is strange combination,” he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation