Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Must Happen As iPad Mini Outsells Nexus 7 And Other Android Tablets
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 30, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Android 4.4 KRT16O KitKat update released for Nexus 10.
iPad Mini with Retina Display could nab 16 percent of the total iPad sales. Reports said the new iPad Mini proved to have a stiff competition for other 8-inch tablets.
Sales of iPad Mini with Retina Display soared despite the success and popularity of Android OS. According to Kantar, 68.6 percent of phones are running a version of Android, as compared to the 18.5 percent running on Apple's iOS.
"Android finished 2013 strongly, showing year-on-year share growth across 12 major global markets including Europe, USA, Latin America, China and Japan. Apple has lost share in most countries compared with this time last year, but importantly it has held strong shares in key markets including 43.9 percent in USA, 29.9 percent in Great Britain and 19 percent in China," Kantar's Dominic Sunnebo noted in his report.
There were reports that Google was dropping Nexus 10 2 as the company has lost its interest in making the Nexus line. The rumor started from Edgar Murtazin's tweet saying Google is changing its plan when it comes to its Nexus devices. The company may discontinue the Nexus line in favor of making Google Play Edition of popular devices like Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One.
Google was still mum with its details and plans for the next months. Google Nexus 10 2 has become quite popular and many Google fans are waiting for its launch. The 10-inch tablet is speculated to come with the new version of Android OS. The 4.5 version of Google's Android could be an upgrade of Kitkat or a whole new different software.
According to early reports, Google Nexus 10 2 will pack a 10-inch screen with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 5-megapixel rear camera and 3-megapixel front-facing camera. The tablet will come in 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants. Under the hood, the device will run with Samsung Exynos 5 processor paired with 3 GB RAM. Previous reports also claimed Google Nexus 10 2 will pack a NVIDIA Tegra 4 chip processor.
Other rumors suggested the second generation of Nexus 10 tablet will have a 12-inch screen display and 8 MP back camera and Adreno 330 GPU.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More