Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Must Happen As iPad Mini Outsells Nexus 7 And Other Android Tablets
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 30, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Android 4.4 KRT16O KitKat update released for Nexus 10.
iPad Mini with Retina Display could nab 16 percent of the total iPad sales. Reports said the new iPad Mini proved to have a stiff competition for other 8-inch tablets.
Sales of iPad Mini with Retina Display soared despite the success and popularity of Android OS. According to Kantar, 68.6 percent of phones are running a version of Android, as compared to the 18.5 percent running on Apple's iOS.
"Android finished 2013 strongly, showing year-on-year share growth across 12 major global markets including Europe, USA, Latin America, China and Japan. Apple has lost share in most countries compared with this time last year, but importantly it has held strong shares in key markets including 43.9 percent in USA, 29.9 percent in Great Britain and 19 percent in China," Kantar's Dominic Sunnebo noted in his report.
There were reports that Google was dropping Nexus 10 2 as the company has lost its interest in making the Nexus line. The rumor started from Edgar Murtazin's tweet saying Google is changing its plan when it comes to its Nexus devices. The company may discontinue the Nexus line in favor of making Google Play Edition of popular devices like Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One.
Google was still mum with its details and plans for the next months. Google Nexus 10 2 has become quite popular and many Google fans are waiting for its launch. The 10-inch tablet is speculated to come with the new version of Android OS. The 4.5 version of Google's Android could be an upgrade of Kitkat or a whole new different software.
According to early reports, Google Nexus 10 2 will pack a 10-inch screen with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 5-megapixel rear camera and 3-megapixel front-facing camera. The tablet will come in 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants. Under the hood, the device will run with Samsung Exynos 5 processor paired with 3 GB RAM. Previous reports also claimed Google Nexus 10 2 will pack a NVIDIA Tegra 4 chip processor.
Other rumors suggested the second generation of Nexus 10 tablet will have a 12-inch screen display and 8 MP back camera and Adreno 330 GPU.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet