Samsung Galaxy S5 Features To Ditch 2K Screen Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 30, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 has reported it will not pack a 2K screen display and simply go for a full HD panel.
Samsung Galaxy S5 was leaked in the official LG U+ Web site, which is South Korea's largest mobile network. The device goes with the code name SM-G900L. The posting showed the new Samsung Galaxy handset will feature Android 4.4 KitKat and 5.1-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution. This hinted the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 will not jump in the bandwagon of Quad HD or 2K screen displays.
Bob Freking via Yugatech
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image by Bob Freking
There may be the possibility that the LG U+ listing is not accurate or the SM-G900L is a different model or variant and not the Samsung Galaxy S5.
LG U+ was the source of a LG G2 leak several months ahead of the LG G2 release the previous year. It is also possible that the carrier is prepping up for the Galaxy S5 and made an accidental slip.
Another feature that we may not see in the next Galaxy handset is the major change in Samsung's own user interface, TouchWiz. This is due to Google's increasingly heavy hand that encouraged Samsung to deliver more of pure Android experience like what is seen in Google Play Edition handsets.
Samsung's TouchWiz UI is typically far away from Google's vision as Samsung has worked hard to create its own versions of many Google apps and pack them to Samsung devices exclusively.
Magazine UI was leaked showing a very different interface in the past week. There were reports Samsung will work on other operating systems and try to create new devices without Android OS and will use less popular software like Tizen OS.
According to rumors, Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack an octo core Exynos 6 chipset or Snapdragon 805 SoC for the 4G/LTE variant. As for the camera, Galaxy S5 will be equipped with 16 megapixel camera at the back and may skip optical image stabilization. There is a new report Samsung Galaxy S5 will arrive in two variants: Prime and Standard. However, contradictory to earlier reports, both models will come with plastic body.
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is expected either in March or April, which is a year after its predecessor was launched.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine