Samsung Galaxy S5 Features To Ditch 2K Screen Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 30, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 has reported it will not pack a 2K screen display and simply go for a full HD panel.
Samsung Galaxy S5 was leaked in the official LG U+ Web site, which is South Korea's largest mobile network. The device goes with the code name SM-G900L. The posting showed the new Samsung Galaxy handset will feature Android 4.4 KitKat and 5.1-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution. This hinted the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 will not jump in the bandwagon of Quad HD or 2K screen displays.
Bob Freking via Yugatech
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image by Bob Freking
There may be the possibility that the LG U+ listing is not accurate or the SM-G900L is a different model or variant and not the Samsung Galaxy S5.
LG U+ was the source of a LG G2 leak several months ahead of the LG G2 release the previous year. It is also possible that the carrier is prepping up for the Galaxy S5 and made an accidental slip.
Another feature that we may not see in the next Galaxy handset is the major change in Samsung's own user interface, TouchWiz. This is due to Google's increasingly heavy hand that encouraged Samsung to deliver more of pure Android experience like what is seen in Google Play Edition handsets.
Samsung's TouchWiz UI is typically far away from Google's vision as Samsung has worked hard to create its own versions of many Google apps and pack them to Samsung devices exclusively.
Magazine UI was leaked showing a very different interface in the past week. There were reports Samsung will work on other operating systems and try to create new devices without Android OS and will use less popular software like Tizen OS.
According to rumors, Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack an octo core Exynos 6 chipset or Snapdragon 805 SoC for the 4G/LTE variant. As for the camera, Galaxy S5 will be equipped with 16 megapixel camera at the back and may skip optical image stabilization. There is a new report Samsung Galaxy S5 will arrive in two variants: Prime and Standard. However, contradictory to earlier reports, both models will come with plastic body.
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is expected either in March or April, which is a year after its predecessor was launched.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3