HTC One, One Mini Android 4.4 KitKat Update Guide
By Precious Silva | January 30, 2014 3:14 PM EST
HTC has joined the bandwagon of firms rolling out Android 4.4 KitKat update on its devices. Receiving devices under HTC include HTC One and One Mini. Unlike other companies, HTC has released the update per region.
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
Canadian HTC operators have tested the OS update. Six network providers that were part of the test consisted of Bell, Rogers TELUS, Virgin Mobile, Wind and SaskTel. Will HTC finish its roll out this first quarter?
HTC One and HTC One Mini Canadian users will finally get the Android 4.4 KitKat update soon. Reports claimed the KitKat OS update has been sent for certification. The six carriers are on the verge of finishing the software test. Rogers has begun the certification of the HTC One Mini Android 4.4 KitKat update.
Like the testing process, the certification will not take long. Analysts predicted it will only be a matter of time before users see the Android KitKat being rolled out to their devices. This means a week or after the certification. Carriers have started the certification in the final week of January or around second week of February will be the target date.
HTC One carriers in the U.S. were quick to release the software after the completion of certification. Sources said the same pace will be similar to HTC One Canadian carriers. According to HTC, the HTC One series will be the first of its products to get the over-the-air option of the Android 4.4 KitKat update.
After the certification, the carriers will offer the update as an over -the-air update. Following the roll out to HTC One, HTC One Mini users will have to wait for another week for the update to reach them. Android 4.4 update for the HTC One and the HTC One Mini will come with the HTC Sense version 5.5. It is the latest version of the software to date.
The update also provides bug fixes for both devices, improvements on the video highlights and the blinkfeed. Sources noted users can confirm the actual change log and list of the specs after the update release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery