Watch Dogs Release Date for April, with 1080p Coming to PS4?
By Gel Galang | January 30, 2014 2:13 PM EST
With Watch Dogs' release date still a vague timeframe of "spring 2014," speculations are bound to set off, starting with speculation that has erupted over at NeoGAF. Fans have been discussing the likelihood of the reported April 25 release date.
"Games release on Friday in the U.K. and Ireland, so a Friday release isn't an oddity. Expect it on the Tuesday in the U.S. I'd imagine and Wednesday in mainland Europe," said PhillipCostigan.
"Friday seems like a good day. Before, Ubi seemed to be sending it to die at launch with so many other games to compete against (including AC4). Now, it will release alone that day and should catch the news cycle spotlight for the remainder of the week after any games that launch on that Tuesday," said Paskil.
*Titanfall's DLC may already be in the works even before the actual game is out: Read here for more.
Citing GameKeysNow as a source, which is well-known for reporting on the PS Plus February offers before the confirmation from Sony, NeoGAF user Simon has posted a quote from the report:
"We are hearing multiple sources that Ubisoft's Watch Dogs is set to release on April 25th 2014. Previously set to launch late last year, the title was delayed shortly before release in order to add more polish. Now it seems the buffing is almost complete and the game that has wowed critics at the last two E3 trade shows is set to finally grace us with its [presence]."
1080p coming for the PS4, higher than on Xbox One?
The graphics fight is on again for the PS4 and Xbox One, this time with Watch Dogs. A report from NowGamer has tapped an insider who suggested that Ubisoft's upcoming title will have a lower resolution on Microsoft's next-gen console.
*Check out the Minecraft 14w04b snapshot from Mojang: Read the details here.
Termed as "resolution gate," the insider uses this to refer to the possibility of the multiplatform game being on a higher resolution for one (the PS4) than the other (the Xbox One).
*GDC 2014 is looking very cool with more graphics display for inFamous: Second Son promised to be showcased: Read all about it here.
This was exhibited in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. According to the report, there were no definitive mention of Watch Dogs, but seeing as how this is the title that's most anticipated right now from Ubisoft, it's not an unsafe bet.
If the resolution difference happens once again, there will surely be another round of comparisons where the Xbox One will take yet another bad hit against the PS4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets Spotted In The Samsung Website, Unpacked Teaser and A Blocky Case
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How